Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

1 Message

Thu, Mar 12, 2020 6:02 AM

MLB Extra Innings, NBA League Pass and suspended games the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

Will we be getting a partial refund on our League Pass subscriptions since at least 2 weeks of games will be suspended?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

651 Messages

2 months ago

-- Updated on April 16 --

All,

Since the beginning of baseball season has been delayed, we’re crediting charges for our customers’ MLB Extra Innings subscriptions. We will notify customers and restart charges once a decision is made about the baseball season.

The cancellation deadline for MLB EXTRA INNINGS will be extended to reflect the delayed start of the season. Additionally, any payments already made for the 2020 MLB season will be credited to customers' accounts.

There is no need to call for the refund, and please allow 1-2 billing cycles for credit(s) to appear. Billing will restart after the MLB announces the season start.

We’re also postponing payments for MLS Direct Kick subscriptions. We will notify customers and restart charges once a decision is made about the MLS season.

We are also actively monitoring developments with the suspension of the NBA season and will proactively communicate with NBA League Pass subscribers regarding potential refunds/credits as events develop.

Thanks,

The AT&T Community Team

(edited)

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

• 

3 Messages

My bill is showing 2nd installment of 6 for MLB package. Should I just call in to get this corrected?

• 

14 Messages

@VLynn9399 Don't bother. I just tried to call. The automated answering refused to direct me to an agent. It kept misunderstanding what I was trying to say, even when I said "speak to an agent". I'm not paying my second installment. Screw this. I'm not here to indemnify their losses.

• 

2 Messages

I too have been billed $30.50 (2nd installment) for MLB extra Innings. No telling when the 2020 baseball season will kickoff if at all. I will not pay the 2nd installment (subtracting $30.50) from my bill and will wait for a refund of $30.50 (installment 1) if baseball is not played this year.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@MrSteeler

Refusing to pay your bill is not how it works. Only goes bad for you with valid late fees, starting down the collection path.

Here is the actual situation with MLB Extra Innings:

The cancellation deadline for MLB EXTRA INNINGS will be extended to reflect the delayed start of the season. Additionally, any payments already made for the 2020 MLB season will be credited to customers' accounts.

There is no need to call for the refund, and please allow 1-2 billing cycles for credit(s) to appear. Billing will restart after the MLB announces the season start.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

@dskemp

I didn't pay my first installment (baseball package) and ATT went to my bank account and took the money anyway!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

I didn't pay my first installment (baseball package) and ATT went to my bank account and took the money anyway!

You can't just refuse to pay what is on your bill. If you have auto pay, then the entire bill goes through. Even if you make a manual payment before the automatic date, than auto pay goes through for the remainder.

So you pay for it until you opt out. However, they have announced they will be reversing installments but that can take 1 to 2 bill cycles. So until that occurs, or you have opted out, then installment charges are valid.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

@ATTCommunityTeam was wondering if the MLB players know that customers are being charged for the MLB season when there are currently no games being played. ATT has apparently made the decison to continue to charge for the season when there are no games being played, this is pretty interesting.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@cassiday55

Not correct. AT&T is not continuing to charge for the season. The situation updated a few days ago, and is even at the top of this thread. But so you get it immediately if you still can't find it:

• 

6 Messages

@Juniper - This doesn't explain nor make acceptable that AT&T / DirecTV prevent us from cancelling a service we DON'T unless we speak w/ someone. Why can't we cancel MLB Extra Innings unless we speak with a rep who's seldom available?????

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@LorenzinLV

To make any changes that reduce revenue (remove sport subscription, movie channels, reduce programming package, etc.) they want a live agent to discuss the situation to see if they can find a way for you to keep the service, or to otherwise minimize how much is reduced. That is the way it has always been. They are not the only company to operate that way.

As for seldom available, this is a unique time. Per all the stay at home orders, they have many call centers closed temporarily, and even additional employees beyond that on extended leave. So they are greatly understaffed.

The good thing is that per the MLB delay, they have managed to implement a automatic reversal procedure, giving additional time until an actual season start date (or unfortunate cancelation of season) is confirmed.

• 

10 Messages

@Juniper Why is it showing up on my current bill if AT&T is not continuing to charge. You state the situation was updated a few days ago yet my bill as of yesterday shows a charge for MLB. Juniper I dont understand your post, maybe I am just old and have a lack of understanding but my bill clearly shows a charge for MLB. I would much rather have MLB than the cash back but I have neither.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@cassiday55

They are reversing installments already charged, which will take up to 2 bill cycles to cover at all. So the charge you have was in the system before the reversal got to your account. I have bolded the key info to make it more clear.

"Additionally, any payments already made for the 2020 MLB season will be credited to customers' accounts.

There is no need to call for the refund, and please allow 1-2 billing cycles for credit(s) to appear. Billing will restart after the MLB announces the season start. "

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

@Juniper In order to opt out of the package you have to speak to a person in the call center, the problem is you can't talk to anybody over there. If somebody wants to wait until DTV fix the problem that is on them, I don't want to wait and want to cancel the package, but if staff is not available how in the world I'm going to be able to cancel it. They should provide another way to cancel the package other than calling the call center as that is almost impossible.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

Yes it would be nice if they had another option, but they are not required to. The only way to opt out of anything is to call. Because of the delay, they are automatically reversing charges and extending the opt out time.

As stay at home orders end, staffing should start to return to normal. And with the extension you should still have until the new official start of season to opt out.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

@Juniper They may not be required to do so, but it is always good for any business to provide its costumers with a way to contact them in case of any emergency. This is what we call a sound business practice. Anyway, I'm glad that hopefully I will have the opportunity to cancel the Extra Innings Package. Thanks for all the information and keep up the good work.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

Not all businesses have need of emergency contact. Certainly not an entertainment service. So there is nothing that will give you emergency priority over someone else. They get to each call in line.

Remember this is not normal service levels. With all the call centers across the country closed, and the remaining ones on skeleton crews, they are doing what they can to get through all the calls. Though they are struggling with minimum staff, there is no shortage of people calling in. They are doing what they can.

• 

14 Messages

@Juniper THAT IS how it will work. Your wird means nothing anyway, you're just an unpaid intern. They cannot charge a late fee for a service they are NOT delivering.

• 

14 Messages

@Negrito1 That's a civil tort called conversion. They too your money without any sort of consideration in return. It is also exactly why I never do auto billpay. It is always abused by companies like AT&T.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@dskemp

I am not an intern. I do not work for AT&T/DirecTV. Stay in reality instead of making false accusations please.

They can charge a late fee for you not paying the bill. MLB Extra Innings installments always start before the season, like all the in-season subscriptions. This is so you have the opportunity to opt out before the season starts. Since this year is unique in the entirety of the years of service, they are processing an exception to reverse charges and resume billing up a new start date confirmed.

MLB has not been canceled, so the installment charges were still valid. Because of the unusual delay, with approval from MLB they are adjusting. However, until adjustments go through then the charges are still valid. That is why they mention it can take 1 to 2 bill cycles, be clear so you can pay your bill in full on time without getting a late fee.

You may not like it, but this is how it works.

• 

10 Messages

@Juniper I agree there is NO need to call because the issue will not be addressed in a phone call with the automation. My bill has not changed and I really do not expect it to change in the near future. This is Big business taking "good" care of its good paying customers. We all just need to drink the ATT KoolAid and not complain about these billing practices. I am wasting my time dealing with the issue.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@cassiday55

Credits for already billed installments for MLB Extra Innings takes a couple bill cycles as they officially stated. Sorry you are upset you are not getting a credit immediately, but they have to follow guidance per their agreement with MLB so it is not an instant process.

Additionally, any payments already made for the 2020 MLB season will be credited to customers' accounts.

That is how it works. Nothing to do with you ridiculous Kool-Aid statements. They are taking care of it per the extended delay. Complaining that you want it sooner is a waste of time. Stamping your feed will not put you in priority over everyone else. The reversal of installments will be provided to you like everybody else.

• 

8 Messages

@ATTCommunityTeam Then why am I still gettin "late payment" notices from AT&T? I paid my regular charges but omitted the MLB Exta Inning payment and I am constantly getting notice that it is late. I cannot get through on the phone or a live chat. All I get is the Robot chat (totally worthless) I''m beginning to think DirecTV is also becoming worthless.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

@Funcountry

You cannot omit the payments yourself. You have to pay the full bill. The installments reversal is within a couple billing cycles.

Additionally, any payments already made for the 2020 MLB season will be credited to customers' accounts.

So pay bill as is, within the next bill or 2 the appropriate credits are processed. They didn't say you just ignore the charge.