Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
J

• 

5 Messages

Sun, Sep 27, 2020 2:42 AM

Mail

I had been a loyal customer until 1 year ago and you in so many words told me to go pound sand. Mr Patel said you are committed to providing excellent content to its loyal customers. What has changed in the last year that you would want me back? I still receive mail saying you want me back. 

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

24 days ago

DTV has no control over the channels content and the content providers send the same programming to all TV providers.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

24 days ago

Nobody here told you to "pound sand" or wants you back. This is a public forum of other customers.

Mailings for intro offers or those to return are mass mailings. They always want customers. But that doesn't mean you will get everything you want. More likely you left them on your own choice as you didn't get what you wanted, not that they told you to go away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

24 days ago

You are correct. I did leave them only after their customer service in India promised Sunday ticket for free. It was a blatant lie. Would you have remained a customer after being lied to?  If you re-read what I posted I said in so many words. I honestly would have remained a customer without Sunday ticket. They offered it for free to get rid of my phone call. I did leave on MY terms after Spectrum paid off my contract. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

24 days ago

False information does leave a bad taste. However, I do understand no company (DirecTV, AT&T, Dish, Spectrum, Comcast, etc.) is immune from a bad agent. So depends on the exact situation if it is something that would make me leave, or just more aware of options in the future.

If you do take advantage of one of their reconnect ("winback") offers, make sure to read the order confirmation from DirecTV itself. Some mailings are 3rd party, and of course you want to verify what is on the paperwork compared to what is told by an agent (be it on purpose, honest mistake, or just a misunderstanding).

Agent over the phone will not know for the reason of your exact reconnect options. They can only go over what is available and place the order if you so choose. The reasons for the options tend to be whatever the system determines based on internal factors that the agents have no access to.

So call to discuss what options are available (not the reason for them) or just ignore them and move on.

• 

5 Messages

21 days ago

I apologize. I didn't realize this was an i love dtv page. My bad. I'l go elsewhere 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

21 days ago

You can leave the sarcasm at the door. Was only stating the reality of the situation, which applies to many companies. And if you decided to take advantage of an offer, I gave a suggestion to protect yourself regardless if you got a bad agent or not so that you did not end up with a later problem.

No personal interest on what company you go with. But hopefully the info and perspective provided will help you avoid problems in the future no matter where you go.

• 

5 Messages

20 days ago

No sarcasm intended. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

20 days ago

Considering the "I didn't realize this was an I love DTV page" comment was very blatantly sarcastic, I am somewhat curious what you thought it was. But no matter.

All that was posted was facts and experience on how it works. Nothing was for or against DirecTV or any other provider. Suggestions were provided in the hopes you didn't end up with issues in the future (be it DirecTV or someone else). I keep my posts very straight forward. Though blunt, I only intend to be direct and clear. Just like an instruction manual or text book will not go into deeper meaning and keep it to face value.

Get started...

Ask a new question