Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
sky2001's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jun 13, 2006 6:34 PM

Loss of Local HD Channels

I've been a customer of Directv for about 4 months now. On May 17, turned of TV, a black screen appeared with a blue box below saying "Acquiring Guide Data".That would appear for about 3 Min's then the station would appear for about 5 to 10 seconds then back to the black screen with the error message again. Well, I've been on & off the phone with rep's since then. Even had tech come out to house (he couldn't find anything wrong, said they had repositioned the satellite about a month ago and people have been having problems since) Just blowing me off i think. Call tech support back and they keep telling me it's a programming error and they are gathering data to fix the problem. While on the phone with him he asked if it was happening only on the local HD channels, didn't know because I couldn't change the channels when the screen went black, had to catch it when the station came back on real quick and put it on another channel that wasn't HD and it worked. What I would like to know is what is the real problem and how long will I have to wait for it to REALLY be fixed? Been waiting almost a month now.

Responses

No Responses!

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.