Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, May 13, 2018 2:51 PM

Location changes available channels

Greetings. Our home is in Whitehall, Pennsylvania (18052), and on weekends, we spend time at a campground in Andreas, PA (18211). At home, we receive WPVI, channel 6, an ABC affiliate from Philadelphia. This channel is not available in Andreas. Andreas is less than 25 miles from our home. We want to be able to watch this, and other Philadelphia based channels at our campground. We are accessing with iPhone X and mirror to an Apple TV.  How can we accomplish this? Thanks in advance...

-Ed

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

• 

22.9K Messages

2 years ago

Per FCC regulations Directv is not allowed to provide you locals that are not in your DMA. So neighboring zip codes may be in different DMAs. According to www.directv.com/locals those 2 zip codes are not in the same viewing market. So Philadelphia based channels are not allowed at the campground. You could see if the local has streaming available from their website for out of area viewing, but DirecTV is not allowed to provide it out of area.

Also the DirecTV app does not support streaming/mirroring as it is for the mobile viewing only. So be aware that mirroring to your Apple TV may not always work as it is not supposed to for Directv.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is disappointing, but understandable. Thank you!

Get started...

Ask a new question