AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!
D

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 17, 2020 3:48 PM

how to access netflix

We have Directv, and now only that remote  turns on the tv.  We used to use our Samsung remote to access the apps, but now cannot.  How can I connect our Samsung smart tv with this Directv internet???  

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

43.1K Messages

a month ago

You can’t. Directv is not an internet provider. If you have wireless Directv receivers, that Directv WiFi is only for connecting client receivers to a genie. You need to connect your smart tv to your regular home WiFi to watch Netflix. There is no reason your Samsung remote should not be working. You should still be able to access your smart tv apps with that remote. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

a month ago

There is no such thing as DirecTV internet. You get your internet from someone else (AT&T, Mediacom, CenturyLink, etc.). DirecTV is only a TV provider which is from satellite.

DirecTV connects to your home internet for optional On Demand features. The DirecTV remote is for controlling your satellite TV service and power/volume of the TV. It has nothing to do with 3rd party apps, especially Netflix since they are competitors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21K Messages

a month ago

Most likely you have to change the TV input/source to ANT to use the TV apps, your TV remote should be able to do that.

Get started...

Ask a new question