Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Oct 15, 2017 3:01 PM

How do I change inputs with my Directv remote?

Hi all,

In the past, I've always used the tv remote (not the directv remote) to change inputs. I use it to switch from HDMI1 (Directv) to HDMI2 (Xbox). My dog chewed up the tv remote so I can no longer use that. When using the Directv remote, I can press the "TV Input" button that shows me the different input options, but there is no way for me to actually select one. I have tried EVERY button on the remote and nothing will select it. I have also tried using the buttons on the tv and run into the same problem: I can see all the different input options but I can't select one.

How can I select a different input? Do I need to purchase a new TV remote or is the answer right in front of me?

Thanks,

David 

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

3 years ago

If TV Input pulls up the input selection screen there are 2 possible ways.

1. Using the directional arrow keys (not the channel/volume up/down keys)

2. Additional presses of TV Input will cycle through the available inputs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Did you ever figure this out?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

Depends on the remote the RC6X remotes there is an input button that needs to be programed, on the RC7X remotes you press and hold the ENTER button until the light flashes twice then release then press again to cycle through the inputs.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question