Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
af

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

Sat, Nov 19, 2016 10:04 PM

Holiday music 2016

I was looking ahead on the guide last week and noticed that Holidays & Happenings on channel 801 was starting on Nov 26.   I dont know why, but a few days later, i checked again, and now it was starting on Nov 28. So every day i have been checking. Yesterday it was Dec 1...i actually chatted with a rep at directv who said it was starting on Dec 1.  Well today, the guide says it is  starting on Dec 2! Weird. It usually starts in Nov, after Thanksging I think. Any body know what is going on?   ( i do not get channel 815).   Thanks.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

af

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

The guide now shows holidays & happenings on channel 801 and holiday music is playing!

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User
ATTHelp

Administrator

• 

108.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @af,

We have confirmed the Holiday and Happenings on 801 starts today through January 8th.

ATTDIRECTVCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

I can find NOTHING on the directv.com site that lists the Christmas music channels. You used to list them for SiriusXM, allowing the user to pick a genre that reflected individual taste. I'm not talking about 814 Country Music that plays maybe one Christmas song a day, but channels dedicated to holiday music (like Pandora, SiriusXM, et al). I've got a HR23/700 receiver, so surely I should be able to get the channels. But what are they?

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

8 years ago

if your HDDVR is connected to the internet you can create a Christmas playlist on Pandora

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, that's what I'm going to do. Looking at unbundling SonicTap from my subscription and saving some $$ if I can, as the service pales in comparison to Pandora or SiriusXM.

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

8 years ago

Sonic Tap channels are included as part of your subscription.  You cannot remove them.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

Yep, found that out. No à la carte options.

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

8 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by montylee 

Yep, found that out. No à la carte options.

Right on!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

8 years ago

I think Ch801 is all Christmas music right now.  I'll have to go check. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
joed32

Guru

• 

892 Messages

8 years ago

Check all the 800 channels there are a few Christmas channels going on by now. I looked for a list but didn't find any.

Brand User
ATTHelp

Administrator

• 

108.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @af,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.  Our records indicate holiday music should now be playing as indicated below:

Nov 14, 2016 – Jan 8, 2017: Holiday & Happenings programming replaces Big Band Swing on Channel 801.

Try refreshing your service.  It’s a simple process; follow this link to learn more.  You can also try resetting your receiver. 

If neither option helps, please let us know so we can investigate further.  Thank you.

ATTDIRECTVCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Still no holiday music after reset
af

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

4 years ago

Channel 801 is not currently playing holiday music. I switched over a few times. And the guide still says Big Band, even after a reset. Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

DIrect TV has moved the channel to 815...it will cost you an additional $10 a month to listen. Just got off the phone with DIrect TV. Very disappointed in the Scrooge move...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Wrong. May want to learn the service before replying.