Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!
rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Sun, Sep 22, 2019 2:43 AM

Freezing picture

Anybody know how to get directv to address picture constantly freezing?

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

4 months ago

@rocky45 wrote:

Anybody know how to get directv to address picture constantly freezing?

DVR/Receiver model numbers?

Do all of your boxes do this?

What channel(s)?

Live channels? Recordings? Both?

When did the problem start?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

All boxes, 5 year old boxes, started last week, directv support is non responsive, set up a tech visit then they canceled it when they rebooted my box and asked if tv worked now! Of course it did, but not for long!  They will not reschedule.  I am not upgrading since I will have to lock in for two years.  They need to fix it first!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

4 months ago

@rocky45 wrote:

All boxes, 5 year old boxes, started last week, directv support is non responsive, set up a tech visit then they canceled it when they rebooted my box and asked if tv worked now! Of course it did, but not for long!  They will not reschedule.  I am not upgrading since I will have to lock in for two years.  They need to fix it first!

Please answer my previous questions. 

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

HR44-700

All boxes

All Channels 

Started sept 10

live shows, not sure about recordings

tech support has run diagnostics, says there is an issue, the only thing that works is shutting of power rebooting and repeating this!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

4 months ago

@rocky45 wrote:

HR44-700

All boxes

All Channels 

Started sept 10

live shows, not sure about recordings

tech support has run diagnostics, says there is an issue, the only thing that works is shutting of power rebooting and repeating this!

See if it's happening on recordings, too.  And check your satellite signal readings. 

rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

How do you check your satellite signals?

we watch more live tv than recordings but we will indeed check the recordings too.

After researching on here, this is happening to many many people!  I had a tech appointment but the “enhanced” tech team called, rebooted main box, asked me if my tv worked and I said yes right now so they canceled appointment.  Of course it still freezes!  Rebooting always solves it temporarily!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

4 months ago

@rocky45 wrote:

How do you check your satellite signals?

we watch more live tv than recordings but we will indeed check the recordings too.

After researching on here, this is happening to many many people!  I had a tech appointment but the “enhanced” tech team called, rebooted main box, asked me if my tv worked and I said yes right now so they canceled appointment.  Of course it still freezes!  Rebooting always solves it temporarily!

Please post back with your signal readings for each satellite's transponders (and both tuners if applicable). You'll find these readings under "Menu" -> "Setup" -> "System Setup" -> Satellite -> "View Signal Strength". Note the "+" and "-" symbols next to the "Satellite" and "Tuner" entries where you can toggle the readings between the various satellites and both DVR tuners.

Fill in your readings for each satellite and tuner using these examples. A properly aligned dish will show 80-90s on most of the relevant transponders (although some will be low or zero):

Satellite transponders (32 total at 101º)
[Most of your standard definition channels are beamed from 101ºW]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x x x
17-24 x x x x x x x x
25-32 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (11 total at 119º)
[Not present with Slimline 3 dish. Local SD channels for some cities, Spanish package]
17-24 NA NA NA NA NA x x x
25-32 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (11 total at 99º(ca))
[National HD channels]
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
9-16 x x x x x x x x
17-24 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (14 total at 99º(cb))
[National HD channels]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x NA NA

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103º(ca))
[National HD channels]
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA
9-16 x x x x x x x x
17-24 x x x x x x x x

Satellite transponders (14 total at 103º(cb))
[National HD channels]
1-8 x x x x x x x x
9-16 x x x x x x NA NA
17-24 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

Do you want all those numbers?

rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

1-8 98 100 98 0 98 98 98 98

9-16 98 100 97 100 98 97 98 98

17-24 99 0 98 100 98 97 98 98

25-32 98 0 98 86 98 98 98 98

101 degree tuner 1

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

4 months ago

@rocky45 wrote:

1-8 98 100 98 0 98 98 98 98

9-16 98 100 97 100 98 97 98 98

17-24 99 0 98 100 98 97 98 98

25-32 98 0 98 86 98 98 98 98

101 degree tuner 1

What about the other satellite readings?

rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

Not sure which ones you want but it’s difficult to run the test and the get all numbers transferred over into this forum for you to look at.  What should I be looking for.  It seems everything is calming down with less freezes and I have managed to not bite on their upgrade stuff.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.7K Messages

4 months ago

@rocky45 wrote:

Not sure which ones you want but it’s difficult to run the test and the get all numbers transferred over into this forum for you to look at.  What should I be looking for.  It seems everything is calming down with less freezes and I have managed to not bite on their upgrade stuff.

It might be easier to post photos of those signal reading screens rather than write down everything. 

The main HD satellites are 99 & 103. 

rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

I am pretty much giving up on figuring this out! Ironically it has improved and not freezing as often.  I have spent way too much time and all Directv has done is made it more frustrating.  I am researching alternatives.

rocky45

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

4 months ago

Chronic problem, seems this one issue is driving many customers to dish!