Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Feb 11, 2020 9:12 PM

Free Previews

Is there a place to go to find out about upcoming free previews on DirecTV?

I know that from time to time various channels have free preview weekends, but it is difficult to find out about them ahead of time.

Sometimes there is "message" on the Info screen and sometimes not.

Responses

ACE - Expert

• 

13.6K Messages

2 months ago

You can also check https://www.freepreview.tv/

FOR CURRENT INFORMATION FROM AT&T CONCERNING COVID-19, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK IN THE BRIGHT ORANGE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

I do subscribe to their email notifications. I am hoping for something official from DirecTV.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

2 months ago

Try google. I used to have a website bookmarked that listed upcoming free previews for all providers. I can’t remember the site but I know sites like that exist. I’m sure a google search would find one.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

I've done this. But, it does not directly address my question. Perhaps I should have been more specific. I am looking for "official" notifications from DirecTV. I used to have Dish Network and they have a channel in their guide that lists all of the current and upcoming free previews as they are announced. Something like this would be nice. As an alternative, if they would actually use the message function in the "Info" section to inform us before a preview begins that would be helpful.

(edited)

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

They do send that to the messages about 7 days before and that is the only official DTV way to get it. It is the premium channels that decide when they provide the free weekends.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

If only this were true. There is a perfect example happening right now.

Last week I saw a post about U-Verse having a free preview for the Epix Network. But, zero information from DirecTV. Sure enough, the free previews began on both U-Verse and DirevTV on the same day. (No surprise since they are both owned by AT&T) And, DirecTV put a message up only once the preview started.

Come on DirecTV. You obviously knew you would be running this preview. Why not let your customers know in advance?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

19.3K Messages

EPIX tells DTV when the previews start.

Just because AT&T owns both doesn't mean they get the notification at the same time.

lyradd

Mentor

• 

28 Messages

2 months ago

Just go to Info and then Messages with your remote. The notice for free previews is there.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…