Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Apr 1, 2017 5:24 AM

Error code 927 CONSTANTLY; can barely watch anything On Demand

Almost every single time I try to watch or record a program from the On Demand Library, I get error message 927 when I try to play the show. Most of the time, the show abruptly stops about 10 seconds in, and comes up with the "the content you are trying to view is unavailable, we're aware of the problem and are working on it yadda yadda yadda" error message. I'm getting pretty sick of this.

Responses

Brand User
ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

124.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @itsroseanne,

We apologize for the Error Code 927 with On Demand and understand the frustration.  There are some troubleshooting steps that may help in this On Demand 927 article until the issue is resolved.  You can also delete the recording and try again. 

Please do chat with a representative here to escalate examples.  The more information we have about which programs, channels and episodes are affected can help our teams to a quicker resolution.

We appreciate your patience while we work through this. 

Thanks.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
6Sense

Employee

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

ATTDIRECTVCare IS A JOKE. They send out the same standard message and none of their troubleshooting tips works. They know it doesn't. I hope this hits he local news in all the cities of he customers that are experiencing the "927 Error Code" message. Our voices on this message board isn't enough.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So since the trouble is on your side I guess all of your customers get a discount on there bill till you figure out how to work your system

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I totally agree and ask every time I call. They will bill us if the payment is a day late so why not receive a credit for a poorly working service!?

Teacher

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I called DirecTV to "escalate this problem" and of course, I got the standard response of "we are aware of the problem and we are working on it" cow dung. I explained that having On Demand was one of the reasons I signed up for DirecTV, and since I pay so much for it each month, I should get what I am paying for. The representative told me that "On Demand is actually a free service, and it is provided as a courtesy." REALLY?! Hmmm, I guess you could say that about any feature that you wanted to, right? I think it's absurd that we are expected to do without our On Demand, regardless of whether they say it is a perk or paid feature. "We're working on it" is kind of like saying "the check's in the mail," although the latter is far more likely to be true.

6Sense

Employee

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you @itsroseanne for keeping this topic alive on this message board. It's been over 6-8 months since I first ran into the problem but just fount this forum to report it. No technical assistance, no rebates etc. AT&T DirecTV BELIEVES IT HAS NO OBLIGATION TO FIX A FREE SERVICE. However, this is the free service that 20% of their advertise marketing.

After so many months of not fixing this problem and not properly advising its customers of this ongoing issue, AT&T DirecTV has stepped in the category of "The Undesirables."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m switching back to cable service. Free service or not, I as an consumer don’t have to get your crappy “free service” switch to something else people

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have this problem as well. Since October, maybe twice, we've been able to successfully watch something on demand. The programs won't even start. I have spent upwards of 8 hours on the phone with customer service. They promise to escalate the issue, and then nothing. 

The way they insult customers is even worse than not having the service. Their canned responses are just ridiculous.

The fact that they have EVER said " on demand is free" is the most idiotic thing. They sell us a PACKAGE. It is included. If it isn't working, at a minimum, the full retail value of on demand should be deducted from our bill - automatically.

Anyone with a 927 code should receive a per diem credit every time it shows up. 

How in God's name they can claim #1 in customer satisfaction is beyond me. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Meanwhile, more than TWO YEARS LATER....I experience this issue every.single.day. What crap service. Canceling as soon as our contract is up. Can't wait!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

How are you (DTV!) working on it if the issue is an-going issue and its now 2019? And its YOUR issue but WE still pay FULL (see:OUTRAGEOUS) cost of service. Can't wait to cancel!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Guys, I know what's going on and how to fix it.

After being frustrated with this for awhile now, I did some digging and found out what's happening is your connection is somehow blocking the servers that play the ads during recordings, that's why it will refuse to play or fail right at a commercial break.

You need to check your router's firewall and see what is being blocked whenever you try to play an on demand episode. In my case (episode of Unwrapped on the cooking channel) the only thing I saw being blocked was the domain "fwmrm(DOT)net" which after a quick whitelist, let the program load up perfectly. 

A little more digging and yes indeedy, this is the domain (owned by comcast) that serves up in stream ads for several networks, so try this first if you guys get stuck.

TomLe

Scholar

• 

79 Messages

@Rustyshakelfurd 

I've just started getting this for ALL my VOD recordings, new and old. When I select a new show to watch, it starts downloading but then I get the 927 error. It will complete the download, but will never play.

I tried changing my router's DNS from Comcast's 75.75.75.75 to Google's 8.8.8.8, didn't work. Then I tried to power cycle my Comcast modem, didn't work. Power cycled my wifi router, didn't work. Power cycled my DirecTV box, didn't work.

There really isn't any firewall that's actively blocking addresses for me. I have just a normal wifi router. I can ping and access the fwmrm website you mentioned on my computer. So, my only conclusion is that, it's broken. Either DirecTV addresses or their ad servers are at fault. Either way, I don't think there's any "magic" to make this work for me. All I can do is power cycle everything, and that doesn't work.

Thanks, AT&T! Once again, big thumbs up for service! You really know how to bring value to my $120/month service.

My FREE Amazon Fire TV Stick looks better and better as my main service these days. Plus augmented with FREE online streaming websites.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Tired of this 927 error code when trying to watch on demand which I pay for in my monthly bill no wonder customers are leaving in record numbers service (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question