Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
T

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jul 5, 2020 5:22 PM

Error 775 directv does not work

775 states bad connection and gives options to fix it.  We were able to reset it 2 times and when it stopped working the 3rd time we tried and the reset never worked again.  Now it comes on here and there with no help from us at all.  We've watched it for a few days and now it's back to the 775 error.

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a month ago

The 775 error means that the dish isn't getting power.

What DVR/Receiver models do you have?

Do you have a separate dish power supply (SWM Power Inserter)? HR54 and HS17 Genie models have that built-in. 

This could also be a cable/connector issue.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

3.4K Messages

Resetting the receiver doesn't fix a 775 error message ( unless you have an hs17 or hr54). Check the power inserter to make sure it's plugged in and the green light is on  this isn't customer service  its a customer forum.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question