Don’t Block My Altitude

Don’t block my Altitude tv channel

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

a year ago

@Skdubb  The content providers package their channels just like DTV does then asks with one do you want.

@OU8132  50 is better then 0 then they will be gone anyway.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

So then since those channels have been dropped I should expect my bill to go down in january?  Like that would ever happen.  Im sure there is fault on both sides Of this issue but, for us, DTV lost altitude so they lost our business, simple as that

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

I read a news story the other day where the comment from the cable providers was that it wasn't fair to make everyone pay for a channel that so few watch.  I call phooey on that...I pay for Lifetime, We, BET, CNN, CSPAN, etc and never watch any of them.  In truth, I pay $140 for your service and watch a total of 10 channels.  Fall and winter, I have Altitude on every night for Avalanche hockey and Nuggets basketball.  Why is it that channels can't be purchase a la carte?  I have never considered not having cable, but if I can find a way to stream Altitude we might just switch to an antenna for local and a streaming service for the rest.

OU8132

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

a year ago

That is just plain mis-information. All three carriers have conspired and are demanding that Altitude reduce their fees by 50%! Don’t think that Altitude is trying to raise their prices…that just is not true!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

HOW CAN WE SIGNAL HIGH PRAISE FOR SERVICE TECHNICIAN WES ***** *****7 AND CHANGE SERVICE FROM DIRECTV TO XFINITY IF ALTITUDE AND AVALANCHE ARE NOT RESTORED TO OUR DIRECTV SERVICE? PLEASE, PLEASE REPLY THROUGH OUR ACCOUNT #***** ASAP! DEAN AND VICKI [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], BOULDER, COLORADO.

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

@OU8132 wrote:
That is just plain mis-information. All three carriers have conspired and are demanding that Altitude reduce their fees by 50%! Don’t think that Altitude is trying to raise their prices…that just is not true!

from what i have read the directv wants them to be a premium service people have to opt into, not one that everyone has to pay for.

and altitude has said that wont give them enough money.  its not a cost decrease per sub.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

a year ago

Directv would be happy to have Altitude a la carte. But Altitude has worked out that will not give them enough money. Not only will the charge be too high, but the revenue will dry up after the Avs season ends because people will cancel until next year.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

a year ago

@miller80013 wrote:

I read a news story the other day where the comment from the cable providers was that it wasn't fair to make everyone pay for a channel that so few watch.  I call phooey on that...I pay for Lifetime, We, BET, CNN, CSPAN, etc and never watch any of them.  In truth, I pay $140 for your service and watch a total of 10 channels.  Fall and winter, I have Altitude on every night for Avalanche hockey and Nuggets basketball.  Why is it that channels can't be purchase a la carte?  I have never considered not having cable, but if I can find a way to stream Altitude we might just switch to an antenna for local and a streaming service for the rest.

Yeah, there are probably much cheaper ways to get those 10 channels than paying $140/mo to DirecTV.

Altitude isn't likely coming back anytime soon, so now's the time to explore alternatives. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

If there’s no collusion, DirecTV should make a deal with Altitude before Dish and Comcast do, and then take some of their customers.   If one of the other two go first, that’s where we will all go.  

OU8132

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

a year ago

You are absolutely correct. I’m willing to bet that AT&T will soon be broadcasting the Ads, Nuggets and Rapids games along with the Rockies. The squeeze is on!
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

what squeeze? the channel has horrible ratings and is not watched by any significant number of people

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

a year ago

You can read the hundreds of posts about this issue. Only altitude can restore theservice.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Yeah. It's really important to us. And we are aware of all the networks who are also dealing with this. Hopefully it comes back soon. I dont want to switch, but I will if forced to.

rkjackson

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

a year ago

It is watched by people who pay for it! Sounds like you have read too much
DirecTV propaganda or you work for them
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

a year ago

You obviouly have not read all the posts on this. Because its an RSN, everybody pays even if they never watch it.

Get started...

Ask a new question