DIRECTV Set-Top Box Playlist Redesign
The Playlist screen has been completely revamped and will allow for filtering by program type. This will allow users to easily access recordings instead of scrolling through a long list.
The Playlist menus will be displayed in the left panel and their corresponding pages will be displayed in the right panel. Playlist will initially be sorted based on the latest recordings. When the user presses the “0” key, it will be alphabetically sorted (A-Z). The “0” key is used to toggle the playlist display between latest and alphabetical recordings.
The following are the Playlist left menu options.
- All Recordings will display the entire playlist.
- If a title is being recorded, it will have the Recording Progress Indicator icon to indicate the progress of the recording.
- If a title has been partially watched, a Green activity bar will be displayed to indicate the watching progress of that title.
- The total number of titles and the number of titles un watched will be displayed next to each folder (e.g. 2 Unwatched of 5).
- If the user presses Select on any recording, it will start playing immediately.
- If the user selects Info, the Info page will be displayed.
- A new Continue Watching page will list all the partially watched recordings.
- The user can easily choose and resume watching any partially watched content.
- It also includes a Recently Watched On Demand folder containing a list of VOD titles.
Movies/TV Shows/Sports/Kids Zone
- Recordings will be filtered based on genre such as Movies, TV Shows, Sports, and Kids Zone, it will be displayed under each section respectively.
- The Purchases page will list all the PPV titles purchased by the user.
- It will contain a separate Purchases folder which will list all DIRECTV Buy Movies and TV Shows.
- A new Last Chance page will list all the purchased PPV titles that are set to expire soon.
- This screen will also list recordings that are too old that can be deleted to free HD space if required.
- The Manage Recordings screen has been moved to the Playlist and is more precise and user-friendly.
Disk Space Available
The percent of available of disk space free and available for recording will be displayed on the left panel.
Note: To see additional redesign information return to DIRECTV: Redefined Menu, Playlist & Guide Hub - Things to Know.
Jared, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.