DIRECTV Set-Top Box Menu Redesign
The Menu screen has been redesigned to provide quicker access to features, consolidate entertainment content in one place and personalize content based on user’s viewing habits. Check out our Your Experienced Redefined link, the video below or scroll down to learn more.
Menu Navigation Changes
- The Menu screen is divided into the Left Panel and Right Panel.
- When the user presses Menu on the remote, the entire right panel screen will be displayed and the first program in the What’s On Now row will be highlighted.
- The user can scroll through the various options using up/down arrow, both in the Left and Right Panel.
- The right panel will also have the following short cut options.
- View Guide on-screen button in the right-panel is a new short-cut to accessing the Guide from the Menu page.
- View Playlist on-screen button in the right panel is a new short-cut to view the complete playlist.
New Menu Options
The following are the new left Menu options:
What’s On Now
What’s On Now is a new menu that will list the titles currently on-air from the user’s most watched channels.
- When the user highlights any title the name, time, channel number and channel name will be displayed. If a program is currently airing, a Tune In label will be displayed.
- When the user selects the program, the following Info screen will be displayed. The Info screen has more details about the program like Tune In/Record /Other Showings /Cast & Crew etc.
- Recordings will list only a preview of the user’s recordings (including MRV recordings from a shared DVR).
- The recordings displayed will be prioritized by usage and recent activity i.e. to let the user resume watching their partially watched content or by latest recordings.
- In case of partially watched recordings, a Green activity bar will indicate the watching progress of that title.
- When the user selects any recording, it will start playing immediately.
- If the user presses Info, an Info page will be displayed. The Info page will have options like Play/Delete/Other Showings etc.
- The Manage Recordings information has been moved to the Playlist screen.
- Press List on the remote control.
- Press Left arrow.
- Select Manage Recordings.
- To access Manage Recordings:
- On Demand is a new menu that displays DIRECTV On Demand titles and lists Channel Network providers (including Network Logos) based on the user’s viewing habits.
- When the user selects DIRECTV On Demand, the VOD home page will be displayed.
- If the user selects a specific network tile, its Channel Homepage will be displayed.
1. The Search and Browse menu has been split into separate menus.
2. The Browse section has been renamed Discover.
3. Discover will enable users to access central homepages for Movies, TV Shows, EST Store, Kids and Sports.
- The Extras menu has been removed, and many of the options are now in the Apps left menu option.
- Apps will enable users to access apps like ScoreGuide, Pandora, Entertainment Extras, iHeartRadio, AT&T Digital Life, TV Apps, Messages and DIRECTV.
- Active and Caller ID have been removed.
Note: Parental controls do not apply to Apps.
1. Settings will display system settings such as Info & Test, Parental Controls, Favorite Channels, Internet Setup, Remote Control, Display, Audio, Accessibility, Power Saving, Whole-Home, Add/Edit My Teams, Genie Opt-In, Satellite, Help and Reset.
2. Most of the left menu items from the old Settings menu will now appear as tiles in the new Settings menu.
3. Selection of a specific Settings tile will navigate the user to a new simplified screen that represents details of only the selected setting.
The main change in the Settings menu is the inclusion of:
- Add/Edit My Teams (previously under the Sports homepage)
- Genie Opt-In (Genie Recommends)
- Default setting is off.
- If customer had previously opted-in before getting new UI, they will not need to opt-in again.
When the user selects Genie Opt-In, a new screen will be displayed and Genie Recommends can be turned On/Off.
- The new Search left menu option will enable the user to access Smart Search.
- The user’s recent searches will be listed under Recent Searches.
- Use the DASH (-) key to access search directly on all screens (except Settings screen).
In Smart Search, when the search results are displayed, there is no up/down arrow in the result table.
- Instead the first and last rows are shadowed to indicate the presence of additional rows up and down.
- The highlight is always on the second row of the result table.
To see additional redesign information return to DIRECTV: Redefined Menu, Playlist & Guide Hub - Things to Know. Check out The FAQs about the change.
Jared, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.