AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Learn how to Get the iPhone 12 Now!

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sun, Sep 20, 2020 9:37 PM

Directv program description

Why does Directv refuse to give a description and air date on must channels?

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.1K Messages

a month ago

DTV has no control over the guide data, that info is sent by the channels to the guide maker that sends it to DTV and all other providers that buy their guide.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

a month ago

DirecTV doesn't refuse to do so. The guide info is passed on by a 3rd party that collects that info from all the networks. So either their is an issue with guide data being provided, or your equipment is not loading it all in.

What are the models of each box?

Is this issue on all of them or just certain ones?

Verify coax is finger tight.

Unplug power for a minute on all boxes for a minute.

Power on the boxes in a specific order, one at a time.

Genie > WVB > Client > HDDVR > HD non-DVR

Refresh service authorizations as well: www.directv.com/refresh

Unlike a red button reset, the full power cycle should dump residual memory and clear the guide data forcing it to be acquired again. Usually it is fully downloaded from the satellite within 24 hours, but in some cases may take up to 48hours to be 100% caught back up. Hopefully that kicks through the missing information.

But again, it is not DirecTV refusing to do it. There is an issue with the guide data some where in the chain.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question