Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

1 Message

Sun, Aug 2, 2020 3:50 PM

Crap Consumer Practices

Beginning of pandemic I had to lower my costs which included the over $100 tv package. This July I then notice MSNBC & Fox news were removed. When I called I get told it is due to reduction in my package. Yet to get them back I have to go back to $100 packaging. This is crap. I still had CNN & HLN  so I moved on. Now come Aug 1st, CNN is now removed. So I basically have local channels HNL(so far) & maybe 5 others like DIY, FOOD. Which I hardly watch. This is truely not worth $70 some odd I still pay. News channels should be part of basic packaging. I hsve been with DIRECT longe before ATT came around.  This change really has created a crap TV provider. Seems to me, they are about gouging everyone/loyal consumers. I am purchasing a digital antenna, no monthly cost and give addtl channels outside local. This Directv crap may just get dropped

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.8K Messages

2 months ago

Because of Covid-19, additional channels were opened up for free for all customers. As of this month, channels have gone back to normal. They didn't have to do that, but were able to provide the perk.

As always, you pick the package that best suits what you want within your budget. It is not up to you to decide what channels are in what package. That is determined by the agreement the channel owner arranged with DirecTV. Those channels want their money too. So you want it, then pay for it, simple as that.

Not being the price you want is not gouging. AT&T acquiring DirecTV did not change how it works between TV providers and networks.

You reduced package without knowing what channels you would be getting rid of. Regardless of raising or lowering the package, always review the channels first to see if it is the right option for you. https://www.att.com/channels/directv/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.9K Messages

2 months ago

The content providers will not allow you to pick the channels you want, they package their channels just like DTV does.

The DTVs extra channels for Covid -19 expired on July 31 so the channels went back to their normal packages.

(edited)

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I'm about to drop mine. Thinking about just using streaming services.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

22.8K Messages

2 months ago

@Dsuarez 

To verify MSNBC and Fox News are in Select and above. So unless you have the absolute lowest package (Family) you should still have those two channels.

Check what you are getting against: https://www.att.com/channels/directv/

If you are not getting channels according to that list, then their is a technical issue. Possibly the free channels ended had a hiccup with the authorizations for your package. Try www.directv.com/refresh and even a red button reset on your boxes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Get started...

Ask a new question