Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
F

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 2:25 PM

Commercials from different state!

I just moved from WA to MT. Had the installation guy out and now we're up and running. Channel lineup for 'local' channels are good but.... when watching any of the other channels, like HGTV for example, I get commercials for western WA where we moved FROM!! Somethings not plugged in right. I have spent HOURS going through the menus on the TV and HOURS going through the forums trying to figure out the solution myself. WHY? Because I DREAD calling customer service! How do I get my programming corrected so it is relevant to my geographical area??

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

a month ago

Adds saved on DVR to be inserted at the appropriate time. So over time those will clear out and you should start seeing adds for your new area. I would refresh service authorizations to be sure so everything is in sync for the new address. www.directv.com/refresh

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

a month ago

It's not the programming. these are probably the commercials that are stored on the DVR and that Directv inserts at the commercial breaks. Looks like they don't get cleared when you move. I think that just rebooting the DVR will get rid of them and you will start seeing inserted commercials from MT.

If they are political commercials, other people have reported that they are sometimes inserted for the wrong state.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

21.3K Messages

a month ago

They will be replaced when DTV downloads your current location ads.

Get started...

Ask a new question