Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
fyaeger

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Thu, Jul 5, 2012 7:44 PM

Closed

Cannot connect to internet using DLINK 2750B - security key not recognized

I have WHDVR, the CCK and a DLINK 2750B DSL router, and cannot get past the security key screen even though the same key (just uppercase and numbers) works fine for my ipad.

I tried the method described elsewhere in this Forum as follows with no success:

Disconnected the CCK coax from the DVR but left the AC connected.  Used a paper clip to reset the CCK.  Checked that the router has DHCP enabled and has no MAC or firewall enabled.  Powered router off for a minute and then powered it back on.  Assured that the network name and password contains no symbols or punctuation other than numbers and letters. Reconnected the coax, then did an inside card door reset of the DVR. When it was all booted up, did:  Menu -> Settings and Help -> Settings -> network setup -> restore defaults -> connect now. Checked the box for my router name and tried to enter the password, but it said it was invalid.  The same password worked on my ipad.

In another attempt, I used the WPS on the router and CCK before reconnecting the coax and doing the DVR reset.  In that case, it didn't even show the screen with the available routers, but instead showed an error screen with:

Network: Coax connected
Internet:  Not connected (13)

Result code;  86-693

I don't know anything about IP addresses, etc..  Is there something I have to change manually in my DLINK router configuration or for the DECA configuration?  If so, could somebody please help me figure out what I have to change exactly.  I can supply more information if somebody tells me what information to supply.

I've been trying to get this to work for over a week now.  Spent an hour and a half on the phone with DIRECTV guy with no success.  Even had a technician come to my house but he didn't even get as far as I have (that is, to the point of entering the security key).  So any and all help would be appreciated.

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have a Netgear Router WNDR3400v2, HDDVR and this worked for me.

The Wireless CCK is likely still seeking the old router.  It doesn't know you switched.  As background, the connection is a two step process.  First the Kit must connect to your router, then the DVR must connect to the kit.  Follow the instructions exactly and in the order listed and you should get connected.

Disconnect the CCK from the DVR but leave the AC connected. Use a ball point pen to reset (hold in for one minute) the CCK in the small hole on the back. Check that the router has DHCP enabled (essential) and has no MAC or firewall enabled.Go to your router and disconnect AC power for a minute or so and power back up.Assure that the network name and password contains no symbols or punctuation other than numbers and letters.Do a red button (inside card door) reset of the DVR. When it's all booted up, connect the Ethernet Kit to DVR, then wait (patience, it takes a few) for the offer to connect and select your network and enter the password. You may get an invite to connect, is so, accept. If not do thus: Menu -> Settings and Help -> Settings -> network setup -> restore defaults -> connect now. You should get a "connected to Internet" message. Allow 24 hours for the system to download then try downloading a concert from channel 1239 as a test.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I have a Netgear Router WNDR3400v2, HDDVR 22/100 and this worked for me. Security Key should be entered juast as it is on your router, lower case, upper case, etc. etc.

This is just incase you have gone and bought another router, if you have and are using your original, go to the second paragraph.

The Wireless CCK is likely still seeking the old router.  It doesn't know you switched.  As background, the connection is a two step process.  First the Kit must connect to your router, then the DVR must connect to the kit.  Follow the instructions exactly and in the order listed and you should get connected.

Disconnect the CCK from the DVR but leave the AC connected. Use a ball point pen to reset (hold in for one minute) the CCK in the small hole on the back. Check that the router has DHCP enabled (essential) and has no MAC or firewall enabled.Go to your router and disconnect AC power for a minute or so and power back up.Assure that the network name and password contains no symbols or punctuation other than numbers and letters.Do a red button (inside card door) reset of the DVR. When it's all booted up, connect the Ethernet Kit to DVR, then wait (patience, it takes a few) for the offer to connect and select your network and enter the password. You may get an invite to connect, is so, accept. If not do thus: Menu -> Settings and Help -> Settings -> network setup -> restore defaults -> connect now. You should get a "connected to Internet" message. Allow 24 hours for the system to download

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I have been having the same problem as the others on this thread. I use a D-Link WBR-2310. My SSID and Password do not contain any special characters. Have no problem logging in on other devices. My DVR is HR34-700 and using the CCK to connect to the internet. When I try to connect, it finds the network and prompts for the password. When I enter the password it is rejected.

I decided to try to connect without any security on the network, and when I did, the CCK connected without any problem. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? I saw on another thread someone had used the hex translation of their password in the CCK, and it worked. Anyone tried this?

THANKS!

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

8 years ago

Quote: Originally Posted by michaelgwright 

I have been having the same problem as the others on this thread. I use a D-Link WBR-2310. My SSID and Password do not contain any special characters. Have no problem logging in on other devices. My DVR is HR34-700 and using the CCK to connect to the internet. When I try to connect, it finds the network and prompts for the password. When I enter the password it is rejected.

I decided to try to connect without any security on the network, and when I did, the CCK connected without any problem. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? I saw on another thread someone had used the hex translation of their password in the CCK, and it worked. Anyone tried this?

THANKS!

Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page. Your problem may very well be different from the original poster's. With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment (model numbers), location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far. And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. Thank you. 

Get started...

Ask a new question