Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, May 2, 2017 1:10 AM

Can the direct TV app be installed on a fire stick?

Can the direct TV app be installed on a fire stick?

Responses

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

@Jrsteffes wrote:

How did you get it installed on your fire stick?

it cant be done

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Hey.. This is what I've been trying to find for years now! How do you sideload it to the Firestick or Fire cube? 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

2 years ago

@Gphilly @Jrsteffes

As answered earlier in this thread, the DirecTV app CANNOT be installed on a Firestick or any other media streaming device (Roku, etc.). It is not for viewing on TV, but mobile devices only. Some individual channels allow streaming to a TV so you can use their channel specific app.

Do not confuse the DIRECTVNOW app for DirecTV as they are 2 different TV providers that do not affect each other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Do you know of any website that lists the individual channels for streaming using DirecTV login?

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

@Gphilly wrote:

Do you know of any website that lists the individual channels for streaming using DirecTV login?

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1068424?isreauth=true&gsi=OGyblYo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Dude, just do a simple google search.

https://www.howtogeek.com/336602/how-to-sideload-apps-on-the-fire-tv-and-fire-tv-stick/

All these ACE contributors are paid lackeys.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@wycheguy wrote:

Dude, just do a simple google search.

https://www.howtogeek.com/336602/how-to-sideload-apps-on-the-fire-tv-and-fire-tv-stick/

Dude, do you realize that there is no DirecTV satellite app to sideload???

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

2 years ago

@wycheguy wrote:

That is a pure lie. I am not paid by DirecTV or AT&T as I do not work for those companies at all.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Guys,

I'm not looking to get into a war with you.  My point is that people come here to get answers not stereotypical corporate  propaganda.   When reading this thread that is all the OP got from you.    There is a way to do it because I've done it before and I'm about to do it again once the new firestick comes out.    The app that I use is the same app that my phone uses.  It's the same app that the tablet uses.  Unless you mean to tell me that I can't watch my DirecTV account from my phone.....

There is more than one way to skin a cat.  I would hope that when you have a moniker of ACE Expert or ACE Master you would have already figured that out and are willing to impart some of that knowledge to the younger, less experienced,  generation.  Hence the term lackey. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

2 years ago

@wycheguy wrote:

Guys,

I'm not looking to get into a war with you...

Falsely accusing others of being "paid lackeys" contradicts that as the only purpose would be to incite "war" or other form of toxicity with that lie.

I have been pointing out the DirecTV app is not supposed to be available on the Firestick. You are violating DirecTV's service by doing so. Not saying it is impossible from a technical standpoint to find some software weakness, just that it is against how the service is designed. Just because we want something, doesn't make it any more right if we find a way to "hack" it.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.3K Messages

2 years ago

@wycheguy wrote:

...   There is a way to do it because I've done it before and I'm about to do it again once the new firestick comes out.    The app that I use is the same app that my phone uses.  .... 

Rather that "not looking to get into a war", why don't you simply post instructions on how to do it?

mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

2 years ago

there are things that can be done, and there are supported methods

if one uses a hack to get the app on a firestick and has issues, they are on thier own

sirectv will not work to salve any issues

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

There are some products out there, that will allow you to Convert any HDMI Signal to IPTV so that you could see it on any product that is connected to your LAN Local Area Network. HDMI IN to IPTV OUT. Here is a link for this product https://tishops.com/product/vecaster-hdmi-to-h264-multidate-iptv-encoder/ 

You can use with Smart TV's, FireSticks, Smart Phones, Tablets, Computers, Etc.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Run an HDMI cable from your laptop to your TV, login into your AT&T account and navigate to the Directv page and watch live TV mirrored from your laptop to your TV.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Yes it can and does. I run the DirecTV phone app on all my firesticks. With the help of a little 1 meg app called orientation it runs better than. Any streaming app even made for firesticks.

THOSE WHO SAID NO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE talking about

Get started...

Ask a new question