Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 3, 2018 12:17 AM

Block language

How do I block foul language?  I don’t want to hear the F word and others.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.8K Messages

2 years ago

@Inky30223

Only way to block foul language, outside of finding some outdated 3rd party devices that may not work, is to lower the allowed TV and Movie ratings accordingly. Otherwise there is not a way to manually filter unwanted audio from your shows.

In movies and TV shows, peoples reactions to given situations are more realistic then they were a long time ago. So swear words come up in real life. Not saying they are always appropriate, but not something you can escape from.

TV providers do not filter the audio. All TV providers can do is provide rating limits. It is up to you to choose if the movie or show is comfortable for you. If you need to block audio, I would say then that show is not for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 years ago

Once upon a time there were devices that would filter out swear words.  I don't think they ever caught on.  

I suppose you could set your Parental Controls to limit viewing to "G" rated shows with no foul language.  

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I don’t need a smart aleck reply. There are movies that I would like to watch but indont want to hear the F word.  

So what I am assuming from your reply is that tough, I have to listen to the foul language if I’m going to watch Directv programming.  Wish I could afford to go back to Comcast.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

52.8K Messages

2 years ago

No "smart aleckness" intended.  As I said, there used to be audio filter devices that would screen out swear words.  You can try searching eBay and you might find one.  But I don't they're made anymore.  So, the only "easy" way would be set your Parental Controls to limit your viewing to "G" rated movies.  That "F word" is just about everywhere now.  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

2 years ago

@Inky30223 wrote:

I don’t need a smart aleck reply. There are movies that I would like to watch but indont want to hear the F word.  

So what I am assuming from your reply is that tough, I have to listen to the foul language if I’m going to watch Directv programming.  Wish I could afford to go back to Comcast.

You are kidding right? You don’t really think the same program with the F word on DTV would somehow not be on a Comcast showing, do you? None of the cable or satellite carriers change content of what they carry.