Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Aug 29, 2018 4:21 AM

BeIN Sports channel removed

Why bein sports is being removed?

This channel is one of the only reasons I still have Directv. If this channel is not back I'll cancel DirecTV.

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@BootsyCollins wrote:

If I can't do it with DirecTV, I'll do it with someone else and punt on DirecTV.  Otherwise, why have a TV?

I've been with DirecTV for 16 years, even as multiple things I used to watch on DTV got dropped, until it was pretty much just watching La Liga that kept me with DirecTV.  Now, DirecTV has dropped its La Liga provider.  For me, sticking with DirecTV at this point isn't too different from not having a TV provider at all.  Couple that with other providers being cheaper, and there's not much of an argument for staying.

Did you read this article ....

http://awfulannouncing.com/soccer/att-u-verse-directv-latest-to-drop-bein-sports.html

It's not just DirecTV that dropped BeIN.  This network is digging its own grave by being too greedy.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@BootsyCollins wrote:

@Juniper:  where can I find the information for how much beIN has charged DirecTV for each year over the last several years, as well as how much they want to charge DirecTV going forward from now?

Thanks in advance.

You won't find that information anywhere, especially during an on-going contract discussion.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

@litzdog911:  I did read that article.  What's your information that they're "being too greedy", other than that DirecTV claims they are?  beIN says that in each case, they've offered to continue operating with Xfinity, FiOS, and DIrecTV under the agreements that had previously been in place, and in each case the carrier said no.  If true, that doesn't sound like beIN being greedy to me.  So what's your source that that's *not* true?

You also write:  "You won't find that information anywhere, especially during an on-going contract discussion."  I agree.  But @Juniper seems to suggest that he/she knows that information, since he/she says "You may only have a price increase every few years, but DirecTV and other providers have had it every year for the past few years."  So I'd like to know the source of that info.  Thanks.

sunpacy

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

2 years ago

I wonder those who defend so passionately the DIRECTV position in this issue how they actually know what is real problem do they were in those meetings? Or they just believe what DIRECTV said because BeIN sports say something different why they are dropped by these cable and satellite companies and listening to soccer podcast they also say something different so how we know who is being greedy, who is protecting customers? Who is the victim and who the victimizer 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

What would you expect Bein to say? They are the ones that removed their feed so their offer is meaningless as DTV and the other providers have to carry them if there is a feed or they breach the old contract. 

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

Interesting article. If you don’t know who Ray Hudson is, you’re missing out one the most passionate football announcers on the planet. 

I’m pretty sure we still have beIN on U-verse as of this writing. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.8K Messages

2 years ago

@BootsyCollins

The price increase the last few years has shown on your bill every year. Here is an example of the most recent one that has applied. www.directv.com/2018pricing

Price was cheaper years ago, which I like most others miss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
www.directv.com or www.att.com

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

@shannon02  :  what would I expect beIN to say?  I have no expectations.  I'm not saying that either party is being entirely honest, since I have no way of knowing.  But by claiming that beIN is being too greedy, you're asserting that DirecTV definitely is telling the truth.  What's your source?  Thanks.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Hi @Juniper , thanks, but that's not the info I was asking for.  Perhaps I misinterpreted you, but you seemed to be making a statement about *beIN's* price increases, so that's what I was asking about.  Thanks.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.8K Messages

2 years ago

@BootsyCollins

I was referring to prices keep increasing in general, not specifically to beIN Sports. Sometimes channels without themselves for more money. Notably when Viacom pulled all its channels for a couple weeks (from old discussions made many parents mad as their "babysitter" was off), and even when AMC threatened to go dark in the middle of the new season of The Walking Dead some time ago. In both cases the channels ended up staying with DirecTV. Even on the rarer side, AMC agreed to be in more packages (used to be Choice and above, now they are in all but the Family package). Local affiliates are most known for pulling their channels in these negotiations, but as time goes on we see it happen with some of the national networks.

I wonder how long it will be before base packages (besides Premier as already there) are over $100 by this trend.

sunpacy

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

2 years ago

"I was referring to prices keep increasing in general, not specifically to beIN Sports"
@Juniper
so you actually you don't know if BeIN is demanding an increase?  You are maybe making that excuse up. What do you actually know why BeIN is drop from the line Up? are you someone who represent the interest of DirecTV in this forum? or a casual customer

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.8K Messages

2 years ago

@sunpacy

When I referred to price increases the last few years, that was overall because of increasing prices from the networks, not any one network in particular. I was showing that this has been the trend.

No I do not represent DirecTV here. I am a customer like yourself, as this is a customer to customer forum, not DirecTV support.

We only get beIN Sports back when both DirecTV AND beIN Sports come to an agreement. We cannot dictate that one cave to the other. If you cannot stand being without the channel and do not have the patience that negotiations do not complete instantly, then go where you can get it for now. The rest of us will move on, and will not be convinced to change carriers by you simply because you don't have access to your preferred channel right now.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

2 years ago

If they are not asking for more money why haven't they signed the new contract and still withholding the signal?  

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@sunpacy wrote:

"I was referring to prices keep increasing in general, not specifically to beIN Sports"
@Juniper
so you actually you don't know if BeIN is demanding an increase?  You are maybe making that excuse up. What do you actually know why BeIN is drop from the line Up? are you someone who represent the interest of DirecTV in this forum? or a casual customer

Of course they're asking for money. Why else would they have yanked their channel from DirecTV, UVerse, Comcast and others???

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

2 years ago

@sunpacy wrote:

I wonder those who defend so passionately the DIRECTV position in this issue how they actually know what is real problem do they were in those meetings? Or they just believe what DIRECTV said because BeIN sports say something different why they are dropped by these cable and satellite companies and listening to soccer podcast they also say something different so how we know who is being greedy, who is protecting customers? Who is the victim and who the victimizer 

We're the victims here!  I like that channel, too, and miss it very much.  But I've been around long enough to know that it's usually the network that demands more money. And it's their right to pull their feed, which is what BeIN has done.  Futhermore, since it's not just DirecTV that's had their signal pulled, it's obvious to conclude that BeIN is the party demanding more money.  At any rate, it's important to complain to both parties so they know how many folks actually care.  

Get started...

Ask a new question