Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Apr 23, 2018 8:09 PM

ATT/DIRECTV LOYALTY DISCOUNT

My wife and I have had AT&T and Directv for over 10 years. We spend over $400 a month in satellite, cell and wifi service.

Directv has a loyalty discount for having both. $15 a month discount and free HBO. After being on the phone with ATT agent for 20 minutes i was told that. Att doesnt give any discount but directv does. So you are the owned by the same company or not? Called Directv and they give me a spill about - We do not qualify because my wife is the account holder for ATT and I am the the primary account holder for Directv. Keep in Mind the LAST NAME IS THE SAME! AND SAME ADDRESS! Directv then told me they could not change the account holders name that i needed to contract ATT again.. Seriously??? ARE YOU NOT THE SAME COMPANY? THE ATT LOGO IS ON BOTH CORRECT....

So inconclusion paying $400 a month for way over priced services that are alot cheaper else where is not considered "loyal". Step it up Directv and or ATT... THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

2 years ago

I suggest calling Directv again and say “cancel service” at the voice prompt which should get you to a retention agent. Instead of mentioning all your other services, just ask if you are eligible for any discounts. If you are serious about dropping Directv, tell them that. I called a few months ago and got $50 off for 12 months. Just FYI, you are not paying for WiFi service. You are paying for home internet service, WiFi is just a way to connect to the home internet service.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question