Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Aug 26, 2018 11:26 PM

Apple TV

I can’t get the direct tv app to work on my Apple TV. I have direct tv at home and have app on phone as well as iPad. 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

2 years ago

The DTV mobile app doesn't support casting/streaming.  There is no mobile app for Apple TV.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Are you planning on making this available to your clients? After all there untold multiple millions of IPHONES and IPads out there as an client base which just might help increase the ranking your currently receive in the App Store.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

2 years ago

@kikisharp wrote:

Are you planning on making this available to your clients? After all there untold multiple millions of IPHONES and IPads out there as an client base which just might help increase the ranking your currently receive in the App Store.

You pay for each TV on the service. Allowing the app to stream/cast to a TV would avoid this allowing a free TV on the service. Terms of service as Federally regulated, is account covers one address only. Too many people would allow friend/family member at another household use it instead of having their own account. This further causes issue as the physical service address determines what sport team viewing market you are in, local channels received, and taxes paid.

So the answer is still no as DirecTV (satellite) is not intended to use streaming as a primary method to deliver the service. The app is for mobile viewing only, not for regular TV set viewing.

If you want dedicated streaming, get a streaming provider (DIRECTVNOW, Netflix, Hulu, etc.) as those providers are aimed at internet being their delivery method.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
NoDTVapp

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

1 month ago

I switched to Spectrum because of this.  I should be able to watch what i want on whatever tv I want to.  Funny ATT always says DTV is a SAT company but yet the cable companies allow you to do it.  What is DTVs chrun these last few months?  Scary to think what happens when they lose the NFL package.  Good luck all!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

1 month ago

@NoDTVapp 

Correct DirecTV is a SAT company, not a cable company that provides TV and internet on the same line affecting bandwidth. Both major TV providers, but aimed at different markets and have different business models.

Digging up a thread that ended a year ago to tell us you switched? No matter to us. Don't care where you go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com