Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thu, May 30, 2019 1:38 AM

Acquiring guide data

My tv says “acquiring guide data. Thank you for your patience.” I have restarted it 4 different times and it always gets to this screen and never squires the guide data. How can this be fixed?  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

SherriFFF

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

10 months ago

I searched the net & found "CLEARMYBOX instructions" this worked for me just a few minutes ago. My box was out for 4 hrs. tonight.

from a Mar 8, 2019 6:00 AM post

Press the {MENU} button then choose Search&Browse, Smart Search, and press {SELECT}. Input
the following into the search window:
CLEARMYBOX
then press SELECT. Then with “All” highlighted press {SELECT} again. The DVR should reboot by
itself within a few seconds. It’s going to take a while to reboot but when it’s done, it will have cleared
its guide data database and several other little bits inside. This may help you with missed recordings
or even general sluggishness. However, there is a possibility you will lose all your channel logos and
on demand for a period of a day or so. This is perfectly normal and everything should return soon.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything from the online troubleshooting page and nothing works.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I am also having the same problem....what is the fix?!?!?!?!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Same problem

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same issue. Tried Reset and Refresh - did not work.

Installman

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 months ago

Directv is having issues right now guys you just have to wait at this time, it will resolve itself and come back on eventually. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I have same problem but occasionally the 771 message pops up. Are we supposed to leave the tv on?

Installman

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 months ago

No U can turn it off, it will resolve itself as soon as directv figures it out with engineers and will come back on, sorry I went to too service calls box were working just fine till I ran the satellite test and then it said acquired data reset box multiple times and then realized directv is having an issue so your not the only one. Don’t bother calling directv unless you want a credit for the inconvenience. Do not set up service call waste of time.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I have been receiving the same message for a few hours now.

Installman

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 months ago

This happened about 2 years ago it was out for about 8 hours hopefully it is resolved come morning. U can still access your DVR list just hit list button.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Same here, have tried everything 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

I am having the same issue. It is now 10:59pm and it’s been going on for a few hours. Has anybody gotten this resolved? Just wondering if it is just me still having problems

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Richmond, VA - same problem.  Unfortunately, shows did not record because guide data is missing.  resetting receiver does not solve the problem.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Same issue here. I called & they said there is an outage. No ETR. Maybe tomorrow. (I had a PG&E outage earlier today & thought it might be the cause, but I guess not since folks outside of my local area in CA appear to be having an issue too)

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…