Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Jan 16, 2019 2:51 PM

ABC and NBC removed from my Direct TV lineup

I had been receiving 2 ABC and 1 NBC stations in my lineup and they have been recently removed. Why and when will they be returned? This is a deal breaker for me. My zip code is 29907.

Responses

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

What do you mean by "removed"?

Any on-screen message when you tune those channels directly?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

53.2K Messages

a year ago

I assume you're talking about WSAV Ch3 (NBC) and WJCL Ch22 (ABC)?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mdram4x4

ACE - Master

• 

9K Messages

a year ago

directv does not remove stations

the stations pulled thier signal, as a maneuver to get more money from directv, and therefore from you.

you should be supporting directv.  write the stations and tell them to stop thier greed.  ask them if they are returning money to advertisers for loss of viewers.  contact any local advertisers and tell them thier ads are not reaching everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.

• 

3 Messages

@mdram4x4 , do you have a reputable source the cites this as the reason. I'm not disputing your claim but I do just like to have a reputable source to confirm an assertion when I don't know about the topic. Thanks

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

This post is a year old but it is a known fact that the stations remove their feed to anger the providers customers when the contract has expired and hope the providers cave and pay their price to renew it.

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for noting this is an old discussion. I'm new the ATT Community Forums but have been with Direct TV for over 20 years because our local cable TV monopoly is notoriously bad. Today is the first time I went to watch my dvr of NBC World News and didn't have a episode so I tried to pull it up so I could record the West Coast feed of it and found the former Big 3 networks were missing from the menu. I didn't even notice the date on the thread so I appreciate the heads up on that. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

The FCC allowed the DNS channels to expire so you will no longer be paying for them, they will not be coming back.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

Thanks for your reply shannon02, could you tell me what the DNS stands for? I'm new to the jargon. I did have a strange thing yesterday evening when I looked at my DVR list and found that I had yesterday's (05/04/20) NBC World News from that day. I went back to Channel 392 which it recorded from and of course it was not there. That's a bit of a mystery how I got one evening's broadcast of NBC WNT and then it disappeared after that. If your or anybody might have a link to a story explaining what has taken place I would appreciate a link. Just for my own curiosity, I'd like to understand the events that led to the loss of the formerly Big 3 Networks. Thanks

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

20.2K Messages

Distant Network Service. The major networks use their own satellites to send their programs to their affiliate stations nationwide and way back when DTV didn't carry a lot of locals channels so when the FCC said they can access the network for places that had no locals DTV would have the customer summit a form to the FCC to grant a waiver to use the DNS.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

There were 2 ABC channels and 1 NBC channel and I believe that they were out of North Carolina. They were not local from around here but that was alright with me because I just watched national sports on them.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

They are no longer listed on the available channel guide and therefore not available.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

ok.... let me get this straight.... I can get NBC, CBS and ABC free with an antenna and watch all those commercials or Direct TV pays them so I can watch all those commercials on my dish.... something is so wrong here!!!!! they get more viewers and more money from advertisers (if their ratings are higher) and get paid by direct TV..... I say..... DUMP ALL OF THEM !!!!! if I want to watch them I'll switch my TV to an antenna.... (which I don't watch them that much cause of all the commercials) it just doesn't make sense they should get money from direct TV and advertiser's..... I don't pay to watch with an antenna and I shouldn't have to pay though direct TV or any other!!!! (like dish and cable companies)

Dump them and lower the cost of getting direct TV!!!!!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

PS..... that goes for all those other channels that have commercials.... more viewers more money for them.... it should be free to watch their channels!!!!

Get started...

Ask a new question