Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
F

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Nov 24, 2020 3:56 PM

Limit the Channel Guide to display only upcoming sports programs

On AT&T TV, I can't find a setting that allows me to see the "channel guide" showing only sports shows. I can display "sports on right now", but I can't see all the sports shows that will be on in the next 3/6/9 hours. So on Saturday morning, if I want to see what football games will be on in the afternoon, I have to do keyword searches (REALLY tedious).

Am I missing something? Is there an option where you can see the channel guide restricted to just sports programs? I can't find it. This was a feature on Charter, on Verizon FIOS and on Comcast cable systems I used.

Responses

bcbsncjlj

ACE - Expert

• 

19.9K Messages

2 months ago

Those were cable services. Streaming services are quite different and limited.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

bcbsncjlj

Your answer makes zero sense.

Of course I'm referring to cable services. AT&T TV provides me those cable channels and I'm asking about the guide for those cable channels.

So, sure...streaming is quite different. So is the BBC shortwave radio. Help someone else.

Jrandomuser

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

2 months ago

The AT&T TV features are less sophisticated than some other carriers' systems (and less sophisticated than I think they should be after 4 years).  I wasn't aware that the guide filters worked like that (I've basically never used them).  You will similarly find that the DVR has less flexibility than many other systems, search has fewer capabilities, etc.  It appears from this side that AT&T isn't investing what they should in developing the features of this service, which is disappointing. 

They appear to be pushing AT&T TV as their main video service, at the expense of DirecTV and U-Verse (which they have deprecated) - in fact they are trying to sell the other services.  Perhaps if AT&T TV becomes their only service, they will be forced to invest in it to bring it up to competitive in features with the competing top line services.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question