F

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 12:10 PM

Uverse TV withouth Gateway

Hello, I recently removed (unbundled) the internet from my uverse package. I am moving forward with uverse TV. They told me to ship the gateway back. I am unsure how to set up the system. Currently the receiver is hooked up to the gateway with an ethernet cable. If I remove the gateway, what do I use as an input to the receiver? Also, the WAP is connected to the gateway, how do I setup the WAP so the second receiver will work?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

4 years ago

Sorry that you were mis-informed. As you assumed, you need the gateway to have Uverse.

Did you get an email after you cancelled internet?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

4 years ago

You can have U-verse TV without AT&T Internet, but you still need the connection and the Gateway. If you've not received any e-mail or letter to return the equipment, then you're probably fine.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

4 years ago

I'm curious about this as well.  I'm considering getting rid of at&t internet but keeping uverse tv,  because right now at&t will only offer me unstable copper line 50mbps internet, and comcast can offer me 1000mbps.  

If I get rid of at&t internet will I lose any DVR or on demand functionality?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

3 years ago

Spam post removed.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.3K Messages

3 years ago

U-verse TV requires the gateway to communicate back with att servers.  And as was pointed out, required for their wireless solution via WAP.  If the only att access at the location is copper, then the service has to be delivered over it.  
And remember that att is no longer installing new U-verse service.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.