Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

Sat, Jan 18, 2020 2:09 PM

Netgear switches

Do techs still carry netgear switches? I may need a switch to keep my tv streams separate from data traffic. My plan is to connect ont-bgw210-zxyel gs1900 switch. If needed, connect a netgear switch to gateway to zxyel switch to stb’s.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Responses

gr8sho

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

1 month ago

DNK. Do you have a switch presently that can handle multicast traffic? Or are you seeing performance or quality problems.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

it’s a new house with att services (internet 300 and U-verse 300) being installed next week. Just thinking ahead of how to connect everything. Cat6 connections through out the house. Network wiring in the laundry room. In hindsight the wiring should have terminated in an upstairs storage room. The switch has multicast and igmp snooping. I’ll have to figure out how to set it up.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

The tech used a netgear switch to connect the stb’s to the zxyel switch. All services are working well.