Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 2, 2020 9:02 PM

Att uverse & Spectrum internet

Just had spectrum interenet installed. I have att uverse and digital phone. how do it get my uverse and phone to work with spectrum internet?

I originally had all att, their gateway and wifi set up. I switched due to very slow and unreliable connection where I live. I have verified the 18mbps were the best available/possible for my location. Spectrum could provide 200mbps minimum.

But phont and uverse tv were still wonderful for our household.

Is there a way to get uverse to work with the specttrum net if i still have th att gateway/wifi?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

2.3K Messages

2 months ago

U-verse TV & phone are provided through the AT&T gateway, using the AT&T signal. They won't work through your Spectrum internet.

"Don't make me summon the flying monkeys...."

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
my thoughts

Employee

• 

15.3K Messages

You would use your cableco internet for your personal devices such as cell phone, tablets, pc, laptop, game system, Roku, firestick, Netflix or other streaming services.

ATT Uverse receivers do not use a internet connection, uses IPTV provided by connecting to ATT server.

IF had DirecTv or ATT TV then would need to connect to your ISP for these services, DirecTV satellite uses internet for VOD... ATT TV uses any ISP anywhere in the USA with at least a 25M internet connection.

https://www.att.com/tv/

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.