For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
nancy733's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 20th, 2018 4:54 PM

Wireless Router/TV HDMI cord issue

I'm not at home now in front of my tv and wireless receiver but hopefully you can send info. I will print it and take home with me today. Signal fine at home yesterday until I added hdmi cable to see pictures from camera to tv screen. I switched input to the camera hdmi cable and reviewed pictures. I unplugged camera/hdmi cable then switched over to the tv/cable hdmi and just have black screen no input message. I have restored tv (Sony Bravia smart tv) to factory settings, unplugged, powered down, removed hdmi tv/cable hdmi and replugged as well as tried other inputs and cannot get a uverse connection. Tried troubleshooting with uverse tech on the phone last night. Tried hard reboot, wps....checked router and signal appears find. I've looked at Sony Bravia troubleshooting. Any articles or advice for this issue?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

If the screen shows "no input" I would recheck that the hdmi input you plugged into is  actually the one you selected on the tv.  Or maybe try a different hdmi input. 

If you have component cables you might give them a try too.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

The other problem: I get
message no input for all of the HDMI choices. It is a new HDMI cable but I have thought of seeing if a different one will make a difference.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

When you get the "no signal" does anything change if you leave everything on and disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable (just pull out one end and plug back in)?  Do you have component cables you could try?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Nothing changed but I got it to work last night. We don't use the receiver as the speakers aren't hooked up & I didn't realize the hdmi was connected to it as we have another hdmi to bluray. I turned receiver on then off and was able to get uverse working. Thx.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

What you did may be addressing the same problem I was trying to diagnose when I suggested unplugging the hdmi cable, i.e HDCP hand shaking problem.  Pulling plug or turning off/on, similar diagnosing, and possibly getting the hand shaking to work.

Glad it's working though.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.