Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
Plagued's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 30, 2019 7:26 PM

Wireless Box Stopped Connecting, Used to Work

My wireless box in my bedroom that I’ve had for a year with almost no prior issues suddenly stopped working two days ago. It is now refusing to connect even though it used to perfectly. It gives me the screen telling me to do exactly what every troubleshoot thread regarding this problem tells you to do; press and hold the WPS button on your access point for ten seconds, press the OK button on the receiver and wait for it to connect. I’ve tried this, at the very least, ten or so times with no luck. I’ve tried unplugging the box and plugging it back in, and even scooting it closer to the access point, still nothing. I’m at a loss at what to do.

Nothing has changed with my internet or the locations of my access point or receiver—they weren’t ever even that far from each other to begin with. Nothing has changed at all that I know of. Every other receiver in the house works. I have not had this problem with this box before, and the other boxes that have had this issue are farther from the access point and start working again with only a few tries.

Am I missing something? Is there anything else I can do? If anybody has an idea please let me know. Thanks.

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

3.5K Messages

2 y ago

You can try a full system restart; unplug all devices, reconnect the gateway and allow it to fully restart. Next, reconnect the DVR, allowing a full restart. Then connect the WAP, followed by any wired receivers, and finally the wireless receivers. If your bedroom box doesn't connect after this, call; 800.288.2020 and report the problem. A tech can be dispatched if needed.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.