G

• 

24 Messages

Tuesday, May 31st, 2022 9:53 PM

will uverse tv work with google 1g internet.

I can only get 100mg for $50 from ATT. I like having U-verse TV and want to keep it but, I need more speed. Will my u-verse work if my internet is google fiber?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

2 years ago

Yes.

Keep in mind you could lose discounts if you unbundle.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

2 years ago

Yes, you can continue to use U-verse TV while you also have Google Fiber.

HOWEVER, note that the U-verse TV cannot use the Google Fiber connection.  You would need to maintain the AT&T network connection for use with U-verse TV.  This may create some difficulty for you in having the in-home Ethernet cabling for both Internet service and the U-verse TV IPTV network.

There are also a few U-verse TV features that require AT&T Internet service, and those would no longer function (I believe the music channel app is such a feature.)

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

@JefferMC Making sure i understand what you shared there;

If I cancel my ATT wifi then my ATT wireless cable box will NOT connect to Google Fiber wifi?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

@Snowshoeman78  Yes, that is correct.  Your AT&T U-verse Wireless TV Receiver will continue to connect to the AT&T dedicated WAP.  Which must remain connected to the AT&T Gateway, which must remain connected to the AT&T Network; even if you are no longer getting Internet from AT&T.  This will cause the two networks (the Wi-Fi Router or Access Point connected to Google Fiber and the AT&T WAP) to have to share the 5 GHz bandwidth when allocating channels.  As AT&T IPTV only uses 6 Mbps per stream, the WAP won't be using a lot of bandwidth and this shouldn't be a big deal.  You should turn off the Wi-Fi on the AT&T Gateway, because it won't be needed.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

@JefferMC Thank you!  follow-ups: How do I redirect the UVerse wireless receiver to pull from the Google Fiber wifi?  is that in the ATT cable settings somewhere?

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

How do I redirect the UVerse wireless receiver to pull from the Google Fiber wifi?

You do not.  Even if you could, it wouldn't work... the AT&T U-verse IPTV content won't/can't come over your Google Internet connection.  The AT&T U-verse IPTV content comes over a private AT&T network, and can share the data connection with AT&T Internet but ISN'T USING the AT&T Internet service.  When you discontinue AT&T Internet, you can still use the AT&T Network for the U-verse TV content, as long as you keep all the parts of the network connection there.

The DIRECTV STREAM service does use the Internet, but that's a completely different thing than U-verse.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I messed up—please don’t be to frustrated—I have DirectTV Stream.  If you are tapped out of assisting I get it :)

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

1 year ago

I would think you'd just set up the Wi-Fi like you did when you got it.  I'll refer you to the DIRECTV forums here for further questions about their software and devices:

https://forums.directv.com/

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your help I sincerely appreciate it!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.