skilrena's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 2:18 AM

uverse won't record

Since April 10, 2014, uverse has stopped recording programs that are scheduled to be recorded. Plenty of space left.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

10 years ago

The first thing to try is to pull the power cord on the DVR, this has fixed many of the problems with the DVR.

If that doesn't work I would call into Tech support and have them replace the DVR.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hi @skilrena 

Just checking up on your post. Did @Jeffster suggestion help resolve this issue with your DVR? If not, then I'll be glad to assist you in ordering a replacement. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Unpluging and rebooting seems to have solved the problem of the DVR not recording programs that were scheduled to record.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Followed his suggestion and recording seems to be working now.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

That's fantastic, I'm glad it's working for you. Feel free to post another question if you run into any other issues and we'll be happy to assist! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hold down the ok button and the down arrow at the same time then pull the power core wait 5 seconds and plug it back in. This will factory reset the hard drive in the dvr. This is the right way to make it work. When you plug it back in you should see all three lights on the front flash 3 times if not you weren't hold the buttons correctly. Repeat process till you see all 3 light flash. Then it will take 11 min for reset to be completed. You should see a gear on the screen if you do you did it right. 5 yr uverse tech

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Itsjustlife wrote:
Hold down the ok button and the down arrow at the same time then pull the power core wait 5 seconds and plug it back in. This will factory reset the hard drive in the dvr. This is the right way to make it work. When you plug it back in you should see all three lights on the front flash 3 times if not you weren't hold the buttons correctly. Repeat process till you see all 3 light flash. Then it will take 11 min for reset to be completed. You should see a gear on the screen if you do you did it right. 5 yr uverse tech

No need to pull power cord, just press OK, Down and Power until the gear comes on the screen, then release them.  Recommended by ATT Uverse Care this way and done it myself. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Which box is the DVR? I will try to unplug to see if that will fix the problem of not recording

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

The DVR is the bulkiest receiver you have and its a wired receiver, means theres a cable connected from the back of it to the  wall jack or modem ..

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.