For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
js1047's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 13th, 2018 8:15 PM

Uverse TV Red X 1 after power outage

Was watching TV when the power blinked several times, then out altogether.  A minute later, power returned, but UVerse TV did not.  The TV screen has the red X1 message.  I tried restarting, checking the cables, etc., but nothing changed.  I finally followed the instructions on the AT&T UVerse support page and attempted (several times) the factory reset of receiver.  Still no change.  Another TV on a separate UVerse box works fine, except functions that require access to the DVR.  I have had this same error message in the recent past, but it seemed to resolve itself after re-seating the cables.  Not this time.  What should my next step be?  Thanks.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Red X #1 and #10 (same) Hard drive failure/flash partitioning/formatting.

If you tried a factory reset (disaster recovery) like you said then all you can do now is call tech support (800-288-2020) for a replacement.  Looks like the hard drive is toast.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I switched out the DVR unit with a set top box from a different TV, so we could watch TV in the family room.  Later, I switched to the original setup, and everything works fine!?  All my recordings were still there.  Not sure what happened, but all is well for now.  Thanks for the reply.  I'm considering this topic closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.