M

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 28th, 2020 4:46 AM

U-verse signal lost but changing channel works - for one minute then freezes

I get the U-verse signal is lost message, but if I Go up or down one channel, Things work great - for one minute and then the picture freezes and sound goes away.  Have tried all the cable connections, even switched the receiver with the one from another tv in the house, To no avail.  

Ideas? 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.9K Messages

2 years ago

It would seem so.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

@JefferMC @Jimbo87 @gr8sho @browndk26 Solution found.  All along the 3 stb's were connected directly to the gateway/modem.  I connected them to the switch.  The only connection now out of the modem - is network connection to the switch.  Whatever handshake that wasn't agreeable in the past seems to be resolved.  

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

2 years ago

Well done!

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Same exact problem, every five minutes or less lose connection (signal lost), change channels and switch back it works for a few minutes and samething over and over.  This has been going on for over a year and UVerse is unwatchable.  Switched to Fibre, changed out modem and receiver 3 times each. Cable runs from AT&T outside box directly to modem, modem directly to receiver cable using port 1.  Changed out patch cable, changed out HDMI cable, even different TV, same problem.  BGW 210 modem, VIP2262 receiver

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Same exact problem, every five minutes or less lose connection (signal lost), change channels and switch back it works for a few minutes and samething over and over.  This has been going on for over a year and UVerse is unwatchable.  Switched to Fibre, changed out modem and receiver 3 times each. Cable runs from AT&T outside box directly to modem, modem directly to receiver, cable using port 1.  Changed out patch cable, changed out HDMI cable, even different TV, same problem.  BGW 210 modem, VIP2262 receiver.  

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.9K Messages

2 years ago

You are using a manufactured Ethernet cable plugged in to a BGW 210 yellow Ethernet port? 

You have an Ethernet cable from your ONT into your Red ONT port on the BGW 210?

Do you have anything plugged in to any other yellow port?

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

Thank you @gr8sho !! Removing the switch between my DVR and Gateway fixed the problem.  It's odd however because I've had my DVR on that switch for years without a problem.  Maybe something was updated on the streaming protocols? 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.9K Messages

11 months ago

Did you connect anything new to that switch between the DVR and the Gateway?

I've had switches just go bad.  Sometimes it's just one port.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.