For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
M

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 28th, 2020 4:46 AM

U-verse signal lost but changing channel works - for one minute then freezes

I get the U-verse signal is lost message, but if I Go up or down one channel, Things work great - for one minute and then the picture freezes and sound goes away.  Have tried all the cable connections, even switched the receiver with the one from another tv in the house, To no avail.  

Ideas? 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have same problem but only on Fox News Channel. Sounds a bit suspicious to me. Would appreciate an answer

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

@epWest , to be sure we're talking about the same problem:

You can tune to Fox News Channel, it shows the channel for a few (normally about 10) seconds, and then goes black.  All other channels work fine?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

@salma3201 , this is not Anon234853's post, and his post was made 2 years ago, so I'd suggest you open a new question and tell us all about your problem.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem as Mp111. Tech came out and replaced all my equipment even added a grounding block, still same problem exists. Called the tech back and got no response at all !!!! Called AT&T and they tried to have me reboot everything so I did but no change and no help this is ridiculous. I've been a customer for years but this is pushing me to the brink.I pay a lot of money for a service that is more aggravating than what it's worth.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

Okay, @Jimbo87 , so your service was working fine, then suddenly started doing this?

Can you please describe how all our AT&T IPTV Equipment is connected to the Gateway?  (include switches, routers, etc.)

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

JefferMC, my incoming at&t goes to a white module that has a power supply then it goes to what looks like a phone connection box. From there it goes to the at&t modem BGW210. From that device it goes to my dvr (VIP2250). I also have ethernet cables from the modem going to an at&t uverse WAP and to a at&t provided net gear prosafe gs105e switch. From the net gear switch one cable goes to a playstation one goes to a at&t micro cell and the other goes to a camera system. This issue started over a year ago the technician replaced all of my equipment and added a grounding plug to my dvr, but the problem persists and my technician who left his personal phone number will not return my calls and the at&t help has been " let's try and reboot everything. " The problem is not happening every second but it happens everyday sometimes with in minutes sometimes not for an hour. Sometimes you cannot watch a full show without it doing it many times during the show. If you channel up and then back the lockup will be gone but less than a minute later it does it again. Thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

I misunderstood your issue.

I thought you were saying that every time you change a channel, it freezes a short time later. Consistently.  Every time.  That is not your issue.

Okay, so... does this happen on all your TVs or just one?  If just one, how does that one fit in to the connection picture.

And, the cable that comes from the "phone connection box" to the BGW 210.  Is that plugged into the Red port on the BGW 210 (or the green port).  I just want to confirm that you are on a fiber connection.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

It happens on all TV's. The cable is plugged into the red port. I am on fiber.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

3 years ago

Probably a worst case scenario.  All equipment is setup and provided by att, and yet they cannot make it work.   
Can’t make any obvious suggestions either.  If att has top gun techs and are still using them for U-verse it might make a difference, but it ultimately is on them to make work reliably.  
I’d start thinking about plan B.  

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

3 years ago

1) Do you have any other Wireless Access Points or Routers connected?

2) Have you tried disconnecting any components (e.g. the AT&T WAP or the camera system, or even the switch) to see if the problem goes away with certain elements removed from your home network?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.