madmax988's profile

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

Monday, April 18th, 2022 4:16 AM

U-Verse DVR series scheduled recordings are not functioning

Something is wrong with the way series scheduled recordings are working.  Today is 4/18/2022 and my scheduled recordings are only going through 4/20/2022.  The guide is pulling listings properly, since if I go to guide I can see listings until 8:00pm 4/30/22 and it shows just a few second ago having updated listings.  

If I set a recording manually for 4/29/2022 it also appears as normal.  I can see accurate listings for new episodes for series set to only new episodes and old and new episodes for series for series set to tape all episodes, in the normal listings over the next week.  So clearly the 2 systems aren't talking to each other correctly.  It also appears the same for recorded and scheduled without future series recordings past 4/20 in the uverse app on android phone.  So DVR is still feeding data back to server and is up to date.  

I tried rebooting gateway & DVR & set top boxes and that didn't do anything to fix it.  

Without series recordings my uverse tv is going to be a pain to schedule everything manually and then if it suddenly starts working again it'll be stuck with weird double recordings and conflicts.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

P.S.

I forgot to mention it also has another odd problem that started at the same time, where it shows a series recording set to tape later today at a random time that the show doesn't air at, the picture is a show I have programmed as a series recording, but the title and description are what is actually on that channel at that time.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

10 months ago

@PB88Ind so yea you have to decide how much time it's worth to you.  I've posted in this thread all the different ways you can attempt to contact att. With varying results.   But only the highest levels will give you any success most of the lower levels will be a complete waste of time having zero abilities to solve problem.

(edited)

• 

14 Messages

10 months ago

Things seemed to break loose when I posted my issue to @ATTHelp on Twitter. I had at least 3 people interact with me there--mostly via DM. I have no idea what level of the company these people were. I had to do a fair amount of explaining my issue and adamantly insisting, based on this forum thread, that the issue is not likely with the equipment in my house. I even posted the URL for this thread to my Twitter interactions. One of the AT&T people there told me he "could not access that site", which I thought was weird since it is an AT&T forum that I found and could access simply by doing a basic Google search. I know this is not much help but that was my experience.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

10 months ago

@MikeInSC270 yea the Twitter dms can sometimes solve an issue.  But generally they just copy and paste answers from script.  The problem is the Twitter team isn't actually att employees they are 3rd party contractors so their abilities to solve an issue like this is going to be dependent on them getting the info in front of the correct att team.

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

Well, mine appears to have been fixed.  I just opened my recordings and there were 151 scheduled to record!  I had to whittle down the list to 32, so that took a while.  It went out and scheduled some of the shows that are not in a new season, for example in the middle of the night and during the daytime at odd hours.  It was doing that before all of this started about a month ago but not as many as I had today.  All my series are marked as "first run",  but it scheduled them anyway.  The scheduled recordings go through 7:00 p.m., EST, on Monday, May 22.  So fingers crossed that it continues to work!

• 

14 Messages

10 months ago

Since I've been watching the DVR recording process so closely lately (wonder why, huh), I noticed what you describe also. At least part of the reason seems to be that some show rerun placeholders get put on the guide at first without original air dates filled in. So the system can't tell if they're first run or not and schedules them. I think I've seen that most, if not all, of these scheduled rerun programs drop off the schedule later as the guide entries get more detailed information such as original air dates and actual descriptions of those specific episodes. 

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

10 months ago

The wife reports that shows are scheduling by themselves now.

• 

6 Messages

10 months ago

Mine is now fixed in Birmingham, AL my shows have been scheduled up to May 22. I hope everyone will get their’s fixed, maybe At&t has been made aware of this issue in all regions.

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

I'll have to wait a couple days to see on mine since I had just updated all my series. Fingers crossed!

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am in central Alabama south of Birmingham AL and this issue is now-thankfully-resolved with all of my series recordings scheduled as normal out for most of May...so grateful I elected to be patient and wait for them to resolve it rather than follow the directive of the very unhelpful Customer Service and Tech Support who assured me that the only fix would be to reset the DVR and wipe everything out and start over.

• 

5 Messages

10 months ago

Looks like mine has resolved as well, hurrah!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.