Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
madmax988's profile

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

Monday, April 18th, 2022 4:16 AM

U-Verse DVR series scheduled recordings are not functioning

Something is wrong with the way series scheduled recordings are working.  Today is 4/18/2022 and my scheduled recordings are only going through 4/20/2022.  The guide is pulling listings properly, since if I go to guide I can see listings until 8:00pm 4/30/22 and it shows just a few second ago having updated listings.  

If I set a recording manually for 4/29/2022 it also appears as normal.  I can see accurate listings for new episodes for series set to only new episodes and old and new episodes for series for series set to tape all episodes, in the normal listings over the next week.  So clearly the 2 systems aren't talking to each other correctly.  It also appears the same for recorded and scheduled without future series recordings past 4/20 in the uverse app on android phone.  So DVR is still feeding data back to server and is up to date.  

I tried rebooting gateway & DVR & set top boxes and that didn't do anything to fix it.  

Without series recordings my uverse tv is going to be a pain to schedule everything manually and then if it suddenly starts working again it'll be stuck with weird double recordings and conflicts.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

P.S.

I forgot to mention it also has another odd problem that started at the same time, where it shows a series recording set to tape later today at a random time that the show doesn't air at, the picture is a show I have programmed as a series recording, but the title and description are what is actually on that channel at that time.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

1 year ago

it really is insane how difficult at&t makes it to actually contact anyone with power.  Its like they hide from customers.

It's like they don't want to expose the fact that the customer support that they pay little for gives little value... if they provided a way to work around that system, they would be admitting the need

I didn't know that does the BBB actually get you to an individual who calls you back like I managed with executive customer support?

Yes.  BBB or FCC complaints get forwarded to the same office in AT&T that the internal complaint form did.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

@ATTHelp I am having the same issue. Please initiate a chat with me as well.

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

Maybe I'm halucinating having dealt with this for so long, and if not halucinating I may be about to jinx things. I think I have some new programs scheduled to record 2 weeks from now based on new Guide entries over the last day or so. This without me "touching" series definitions. Anyone else seeing this?

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

I must have been halucinating. New guide entries this morning for 2 weeks out NOT SCHEDULED TO RECORD that should have been. Apologies for the false hope.

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

I've been keeping an eye on this all week now and I believe the issue is fixed for me. I haven't touched any of my series setups and new entries in the guide that qualify for scheduling are being scheduled automatically. Based on my observations, it looks like a loose daily timimg of events is: 1) Guide is updated sometime before 7:30 AM and then 2) Recording scheduling is updated based on the current Guide state sometime before about 8:30 AM.

I have no idea how this was fixed. I've had no contact with anyone from AT&T since I returned from vacation last Sunday night.

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

No such luck for me, I had first gone through all my series two weeks ago, and as of Tuesday (tomorrow) I was down to no future recordings scheduled. I went through all my series today so I'm covered for roughly the next two weeks but still hoping it gets fixed!

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

1 year ago

So they never would tell us if the problem is a server issue that once fixed fixes the entire region  or if each individual account has to manually have the fix applied. 

Assuming the fix for @MikeInSC270 holds steady it would be interesting to see if others in the south carolina region also received fix at same time or later or not at all yet.

@jeff6286 since you are in Indiana it would make sense you would be in a different region then him.  It also would show that the fix has to applied at least at a regional video headend level if not an account level.  Although given how close together at least 2 regions have had this problem this time there's probably a common cause (my best guess is it still has to do with some sort of clock issue /syncing issue cause auto recording checking to fail.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

No resolution for me in Indiana yet.  It's been almost a month since I noticed the issue.  I first reported it to AT&T on April 18th but noticed it several days before.  I have been considering transferring to another company if the issue isn't resolved soon.  

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

1 year ago

@PB88Ind have you managed to get ahold of any one higher up? Reporting it to first line customer and tech support is useless.  They will never resolve issue that way.

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

@madmax988  I have not managed to get in touch with someone higher up, as far as I know. On May 1st I did call what at one time was the Premium Support number and asked for Customer Loyalty and spoke with someone about disconnecting my home phone because of the high cost.  I explained my problem about the recordings to her and she suggested that I try talking with support again.  I asked her if there was any way that I could speak to someone in the US and she said that they had no control over that.  She transferred me and that was when I spoke to the tech who said that they were aware of the issue and were working on it, as I stated on a previous post.  It was interesting that someone from AT&T posted and offered to help someone else on this forum but not others who were having issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.