Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
signfourwinds's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Aug 29, 2014 8:51 PM

Set DVR in Advance for HBO Free Weekend? How?

Hi, With Directv I could set up recording the HBO Free Weekend in advance.  With Uverse I don't know how to do this.  With Uverse I recieve a message that says something like I don't have access to the channel and if I want access I can upgrade.  How can I set recording times up in advance for HBO free preview?  (I assume this would work the same for showtime free preview, etc.) Thanks 

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 y مضت

I don't believe this is possible. On the other hand, I could be wrong since I don't record very often.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.1K Messages

8 y مضت

@signfourwinds wrote:

Hi, With Directv I could set up recording the HBO Free Weekend in advance.  With Uverse I don't know how to do this.  With Uverse I recieve a message that says something like I don't have access to the channel and if I want access I can upgrade.  How can I set recording times up in advance for HBO free preview?  (I assume this would work the same for showtime free preview, etc.) Thanks 

Once the free HBO weekend commences (9/5/14), you can set your recordings.  But not before then.  Sorry.

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 y مضت

Actually @Darknessrise that link is incorrect, I have always been able to record any program I want on the free preview and play it later after the preview is over.

You can not schedule any recordings until the free preview starts as before that you will see in the Info, "??? channel does not allow recording". 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 y مضت

@mibrnsurg wrote:

Actually @Darknessrise that link is incorrect, I have always been able to record any program I want on the free preview and play it later after the preview is over.

You can not schedule any recordings until the free preview starts as before that you will see in the Info, "??? channel does not allow recording". 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Ah, I see. I knew that scheduling before the preview was definetely off the table. I figured you would be able to record, but guess the link was being misleading. Guess I'll edit that out.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

8 y مضت

I have been able to record during free previews for later viewing.  However, I don't think you can schedule a program on a channel for which you're not yet authorized, i.e. you have to wait until the morning the promotion starts.  Similarly, I think you can actually request recordings past the end of the preview, but they will not successfully record anything useful.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y مضت

I am trying to record some of the HBO and Max shows on the free weekend to watch later, but have found I cannot do it. When I press record, it says I need a subscription. Don't know what else to do. I am already into the trial period, but it wont work. This is a bummer of a free weekend trial.
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

29.9K Messages

6 y مضت

You cannot set the recording until you are authorized for the service, which happens when the preview starts.

Wait until the day the preview starts, then set all your recordings for the preview.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.