Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
quartermaester's profile

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

Tue, Sep 30, 2014 12:41 AM

S20 U-verse remote - where can I get one?

I've seen both released pdf's on it as well as in advertisements. If the dedicated Closed Caption  and baclighting buttons really work I'd like to obtain it.

There was a thread here back in April which featured it. 

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8年前

@quartermaester wrote:

I've seen both released pdf's on it as well as in advertisements. If the dedicated Closed Caption  and baclighting buttons really work I'd like to obtain it.

There was a thread here back in April which featured it. 

Can't find it's for sale on ATT website, but found instructions which has a good picture and a listing of all the features;

http://www.att.com/media/att/2014/support/pdf/S-20_U-verse_remote_user_guide.pdf

Searching does not bring anything up on an S20 remote. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATTUverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8年前

mibrnsurg - Thanks for posting the description of the new S-20 remote.

quartermaester - I see that the reference to CC points to the ENTER button. This feature already exists on the S-10 remote. Press the ENTER button & the first item on the menu is CC.

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8年前

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

8年前

I appreciate the link. It leads to an "Order a new or Replacement Remote" page where, unfortunately the S20 is nowhere to be found. The Standard and RF remotes are the only items on that page. 

I was aware of going through Enter/Zoom to access the CC option. On my remote is fifth down on the list, with an additional click required to toggle the feature on or off. What attracts me to the S20, if the feature in fact works as it is represented, is that the action is at most two clicks instead of seven. 

Also, if it indeed will backlight all (as opposed to *some*) buttons, that's a big plus. I did notice the pdf read that to toggle on or off involves the pressing of multiple buttons. That, and only alkaline batteries are recommended. I am kind of partial to rechargeable lithiums.

But still the main question persists: where can a U-verse customer obtain one of these remotes?

aviewer

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8年前

Well, we cannot answer availability. Perhaps send a PM to attcustomercare using this link - https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Regarding - I was aware of going through Enter/Zoom to access the CC option. On my remote is fifth down on the list, with an additional click required to toggle the feature on or off. What attracts me to the S20, if the feature in fact works as it is represented, is that the action is at most two clicks instead of seven.

The thing is - it is not the remote that sets the menu, it is the software version. I had forgotten that the CC toggle was introduced way down the list. If you had an S-20 and hit ENTER, it would produce the same menu you see now. My S-10 produces CC at the top of the options menu.

You need the new software rollout to get the new menu. There are other threads that seem to indicate that the rollout has stalled.

If you are willing to buy a new remote to improve button efficiency, I highly recommend the Logitech Harmony Smart control - You can program multistep process to one button. I have the guide button to bring up my favorites guide with one click by traversing the menu automatically. You can do the same for CC, ( But, no backlighting),

Here is thread with details, post if you have questions - - https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV-Remote/Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-Remote/m-p/402...

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.