For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
M

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 9th, 2022 7:01 PM

Receiver issues for years!

Replaced 2x already. I’m grandfathered in meaning I don’t pay for the receivers. Once again I have big time issues with my receiver. 11:01 it went down every night...I rebooted. Sometimes it works once, but sometimes need to reboot many times. I just dealt with it. But, sporadically a dialogue box would appear saying..HDMI error: Unable to display video. (H1001-HDCP not supported on this display). Ok, I had to unplug from the back of the receiver, then it went away. The last month this has been happening daily, and I needed to unplug a few times. Now, every time I first turn the set on that happens and need to unplug 4-5 times. Last night it happened had to unplug 6x before I could watch TV. 10 minutes later I had the same issue and needed to unplug about 5x. I finally gave up....AT&T may have good customer service, but their equipment is bad. Now, they are saying if I get a new receiver, they’ll charge me....what? It’s their faulty equipment and I’m grandfathered in...so, how about I don’t pay for not being able to watch TV...guess it doesn’t work that way. Anyone have these kinds of issues??

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

2 years ago

Have you tried other HDMI cables or HDMI ports on your TV? That may help triangulate.

I also pay $0.00/mo for two receivers and have swapped numerous times.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

No, haven’t done that....I’m not hardware savvy...but I’m going to call AT&T and ask for a new receiver.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

2 years ago

@Magnet9 They instituted this policy sometime last year.  I also was grandfathered in on free receivers for all 4 of my tvs, for a variety of reasons.  It seems to be hit and miss whether you can keep it after getting it replaced, especially with wireless receivers.  The only thing I managed to do was get other discounts to compensate for losing 1 of my free receiver discounts.  The worst part is, it's mostly just a bug in their billing system, but it's next to impossible for anyone to override billing system. The problem seems to stem from how some of the discounts were originally coded.  Both of my wireless receivers died and needed to be replaced and 1 discount disappeared and was unable to be restored and the other was fine.  (they had originally coded me a free wired receiver, but given me a wireless receiver when they didn't feel like fixing bad wiring, but never updated billing system)
You can try speaking to customer loyalty/retention, but unless they can find in their system written proof or you have written proof, showing you get free receivers, you are probably (Edited per community guidelines).  At&t hates customers, especially loyal ones.  

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I think eventually Uverse will be out since AT&T bought Direct TV. 

Last night didn’t have one issue...it was heaven....but today might be a different story. Gotta be in the mood to do battle with them. 

Thanks for the update.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

2 years ago

I mean att bought directv back in 2015 and then did a (Edited per community guidelines) reorganization where they technically sold directv and uverse tv to tpg capital equity last year yet still own 70% of it.  Uverse tv is considered a legacy product.  But it's still a better product than directtv stream and directtv satellite has its own problems (weather).  Ever 2015 people have been saying uverse is dead and yet 7 years later it still exists.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.