flavaflave2's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Oct 10, 2014 8:33 PM

NVG-510 only get 0.9 upload should be getting around 12

Why does this modem not allow my upload speed to go past or even to 1 mb upload? Should I get a new modem?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 y ago

Max Plus on ADSL2+ should only top out at 1 Mbps upload I believe. The plan is 18 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload. Maybe a little bit more download for over provisioning. On VDSL2(which you don't have) the plan is 18/1.5 and over provisioned to 23/2.

The line attenuation does not show your upload speeds. That's just a number representing how far you are from your service point(the higher the number, means the farther you are if you want to put it in easy terms). You should be looking at "Downstream sync rate" and "Upstream sync rate" which should be around 18,000 Kbps  download and 1,000 kbps upload.

You are getting the speeds that you are paying for.

Hopefully this helps.

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 y ago

There's currently no AT&T tier that is capable of 12 Mbps upload. Who told you that you should be getting 12? Do you have the max tier? That tier is 12 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up for ADSL2+ customers I believe. Add a little bit of overprovisioning on the download to get a little bit more than 12 Mbps download.

Edit: changed to "no AT&T tier that is capable of 12 Mbps upload." Was missing a key word, upload :).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

Before we had the plan where we got only 12mbps download and only got 0.9 upload so we wanted more upload so we called and asked if we upgraded to the 18mbps plan that it would increase our upload speed, so we did that. When they upgraded us we were getting 16-17 download and still maxing out at .98 upload. I'd like to know why we were told false information. I've had 3-4 techs out here and each one says something different. Apparently no att representative knows anything about the product that their company offers. If I look at the Line Attenuation on the broadband status page of my ISP it says 8.6mbps upload speed so, why can we not even get to 1mbps upload? we should at least be getting 1.5 but it cant even reach 1

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

How do I get VDSL2? There is no sync rate but it shows SN Margin which is 7.1 download and 9.3 Upload. I just want my upload speed to be above 1. What should I do? I also called someone and they said we are on ipdsl which is why we are not getting the highest upload speed so what shoul i do to get vdsl? or just to get a higher upload speed in general

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 y ago

@flavaflave2 wrote:

How do I get VDSL2? There is no sync rate but it shows SN Margin which is 7.1 download and 9.3 Upload. I just want my upload speed to be above 1. What should I do? I also called someone and they said we are on ipdsl which is why we are not getting the highest upload speed so what shoul i do to get vdsl? or just to get a higher upload speed in general

Only thing you could do is get a synchronous business DSL plan (10/10) or go to cable.  You are already too far to get VDSL if you got IPDSLAM ADSL 2/2+. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 y ago

We have ipdsl currently. So what are my options for higher upload speed?

Darknessrise

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

8 y ago

@flavaflave2 wrote:

We have ipdsl currently. So what are my options for higher upload speed?

You really really have any options with ADSL2+ for upload. You can't get VDSL2 because your neighborhood isn't using that technology. There are those random cases where people are put on ADSL2+ if they don't have TV so they save up spots on the neighborhood boxes. Do you have U-verse TV available if you check your address on the website? I doubt it, but there's always the rare case.

Maybe in the future you'll be eligible for Max Turbo if they make it available for ADSL2+ users when they begin ADSL2+ pair bonding in your area.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.