Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Dbass57's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Jul 3, 2018 1:57 AM

not recording scheduled shows

My regularly scheduled shows have disappeared of the the scheduled list but not the series list, and are not being recorded.  We have done the reboot several times and rebooted the gateway!!!  Help

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y مضت

All the shows?  Have you scheduled them first run only?  Have you checked the grid to see if they are even scheduled this week as new shows, not reruns?  A lot of new stuff is skipping this week I guess because of the 4th.

rich96db

Mentor

• 

35 Messages

4 y مضت

On Sunday, I noticed that I had no scheduled recordings for the next 2 weeks.  I usually have over 40.  I had the same problem - series were scheduled to record, but they weren't recording.  I had to go back in and retell the system to record each series individually - quite a pain!

Also, I used to be able to look forward 2 weeks to see what was scheduled.  Now I can only see forward 1 week.

bigboss721

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

4 y مضت

Same exact problem! Reboot didn't help, New DVR didn't help! Come AT&T lets figure this out!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 y مضت

Att came out and said we had to delete all of our series and reset them again.  It worked for two weeks and here we are again with the same problem.  Still no solution.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 y مضت

Rebooted, did everything they said and you suggested.  Went in and cancelled and rescheduled series and it worked for two weeks, but again it's done the same thing. So that solution didn't work either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y مضت

Same exact issue. Noticed my DVR had stopped recording my shows 2 weeks ago. Tried to reset with no success so they sent out tech with new DVR. After he set it up I noticed it showed my series but no scheduled. He told me if it didn't change I would need to manually delete and reschedule which I did. Worked initially but now I have same problem, shows appear in series list but don't show scheduled to record 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y مضت

AT&T needs to get their act together.  If all these customers are having the same problem , why hasn't it been fixed . I'm also having the same problem . After an hour on the phone to no avail,  I have a technician scheduled tomorrow . Sounds like he's not going to be successful either.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y مضت

Same issue here.  Tech support was ZERO help.  They kept telling me there was no issue.  I must have explained it 5 times and they didn’t get it.  I had to go back and reschedule all my shows! That was last week, now I notice I’m having the same issue

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 y مضت

I am experiencing this exact problem. Scheduled recordings is empty and I have missed recordings.  Series is still showing the desired programs.  How do I fix this?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y مضت

I'm having the exact problem too.  It started around 2/14/2019.  I called tech support, they were absolutely no help and unpleasant.  I had to reschedule all my shows which is a pain, and it only worked for 2 weeks.  Now there's no shows scheduled after 2/28/2019.  AT&T please fix this!!! Looks like this problem has been going on since last year.  

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y مضت

@Dclaudino, @jsng137 - please read my current thread on this (which includes a ugly workaround).  Post there to confirm you are both from California (as your profiles indicate) since this problem may be limited to California (or maybe the west, not sure, but I believe it's regional).  That's info for support to know if they are going to fix this (they have been alerted through other channels - hmm, no pun intended using the word "channels"Man Wink).

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 y مضت

I have a similar problem in Mississippi, my shows are scheduled and some record. Others do not and after one day they

recorded shows disappear. My wife is not happy about this situation. Tech came out and changed some facilities, dvr.

Problem still exists. The Dvr was a rebuilt Motorola and then I requested a new Dvr and was sent a rebuilt Cisco. 

The problem still exists. The technician mentioned the he thought recordings were being stored in the cloud as apposed to the dvr hard drive.

I don't care where they are stored. I just want view them.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 y مضت

@grebbler - if you are located in California please add you post to the other thread as mentioned in this thread, post 13 above.   If you are not located in California please start a new thread.  These problems appear to be regional. 

At the moment the problem appears to be fixed in my area.  But there's a temporary (one week?) workaround mentioned in that other thread.  Since I did the workaround for just the current series I can't say it's completely fixed for series I haven't done the workaround on until those series start returning form the networks (i.e., spring series).

By the way, first try rebooting the gateway (pull plug for 15 secs. and let it fully reboot) and after that the dvr (pull plug for 15 secs.).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y مضت

I’m in Missouri and I noticed it’s not recording any of my shows as well. I rebooted it and it didn’t fix it. I went thru and manually recorded the shows again it’s set so hopefully it works for longer than 2 weeks. Otherwise I’m going to get a new receiver 

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y مضت

To correct some misconceptions here.

1. Recordings are not stored in a "cloud" since there is no such thing with att uverse tv.  They are stored in the hard driven within the dvr.  Recording scheduling is stored in the "back end" computer system the dvr logs into at dvr boot time and when starting a playback of a recording.  Since those systems are regional the problem almost certainly lies in that computer's software.
  2. Because of point 1 replacing your dvr is just a waste of time and won't change anything.  Not only that you will loose the recordings you currently have on that dvr's hard drive along with your settings (e.g., hidden channels, favorites, etc.)
  3. Redoing the scheduling (or just changing a setting and setting it back) worked for me but it only stuck for one week.  By the next week the series record scheduling will disappear again unless att fixes the problem before that.

You just have to wait until att gets around to fixing the problem in your area.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.