Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
ne0m00n's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Oct 12, 2016 2:34 AM

No surround sound after uverse update

I came home today to find my wireless receiver had the standard message that it was unable to connect to the gateway and needed to be restarted.

I clicked "OK" to restart receiver and after restarting it was unable to connect. I tried this three times and was unable to connect. I decided to restart my gateway and after it was up and running I restarted my receiver again. This time it was able to connect sucessfully however on start it began download an update. After the update completed the receiver restarted & after it was up and running I was no longer able to get sound working.

My setup is: Wireless Receiver ----> HDMI----> TV---->Optical Out----> Digital Sound Decoder----> Logitech 5.1 speakers (via 3x3.5mm jack for CEN/SW FL/FR SL/SR)

Looking at my Uverse UI there are some differences in the new version notably the left sidebar menu when pushing the "Menu" buttton. Looking at the System Info screen my client version is: 2.6.31312.54 (RELEASE)

Can you please provide the release notes for this latest version, there were obviously changes made to either the supported "Surround Sound" formats. I would like to know what changed to help me troubleshoot my issues. 

Before I get a suggestion to simply run an optical cable directly from my receiver to the decoder, if I do this I get sound but I lose the ability to control the volume with the uverse receiver. Meaning that I hear nothing when the uverse volume is at 0 and I hear the same volume 1-25. This was the biggest reason I had my setup listed above.

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

5 y ago

Check the sound settings of the Stb. The update probably defaulted to stereo. I'm not at home so I don't know the exact way to get there. Menu, options all the way to the right?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

I had the same issue and went throught the troubleshooting online.  After the check on my system, the troubleshooting tool found that my reciever was muted.  The process then gave option to automatically unmute reciever and voila I now have sound.  I haven't found a way to manually unmute.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

I have ensured that the audio output is set to "Surround Sound" and not to "Stereo" & I have also tried the online troubleshooting tool to unmute my unit. Unfortunatley none of these things have fixed my issue.

To complicate matters I just noticed the update has also been applied to the main STB (the one hardwired to the gateway that contains the HDD). After the update I am unable to hear the center channel audio (no voices). AGAIN I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING AND THIS WAS WORKING BEFORE THE UPDATE. My setup in the living room is

Motorola Receiver ----> HDMI----> Xbox One---->HDMI----> Onkyo 7.1 receiver. The only way I can hear the center channel (voices) is to set the Uverse box to "Stereo" OR set my receiver's audio ouput to 2.0 (even when the Uverse is set to "Surround Sound").

Obviously something in this latest update has changed the output format of the audio. Again I would appreicate it if someone from AT&T ackowledged that the latest update made changes to the audio output & give details as to what changed. This would help with the troubleshooting. So far all I can say is that this update has been a ROYAL DISASTER on my home setups.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.