For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
nicholnr's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 22nd, 2023 11:55 PM

New Arris VIP2272v1 set top box error - Does not match account settings

I just received a “new” Arris VIP2272v1 set top box (It has scuffs and scratches - obviously reissued after prior use) and followed new setup instructions. Am getting error message “this set top box does not match the account settings. “. Anyone know how to restore factory settings or other ideas to resolve? I’ve restated both gateway and box 4 times.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

11 months ago

You must contact AT&T.  They have to ensure that the receiver's serial number is properly assigned to your account.  Call 800-288-2020.

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

Same issue happened with me..... only with a CISCO receiver that looked new.  After 5 days of chatting and nothing happening, 2 service calls scheduled (and one was cancelled the other.....they didn't show up). I finally came to this board and saw this post.  Followed JefferMC's advice and called number he gave. It sounded like the same call center as before -- hard to understand and seemed not to know what to do just kept reading same script. However, this time I actually got someone who assured me (as all would say) she could help. Lo and Behold.....she know exactly how to help!!  She got the GUID information from me from the new receiver to add to my account and 15 minutes I had a working receiver!!!!  THANK YOU...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.