lwest05's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, September 26th, 2014 2:05 AM

Issues with DVR - AGAIN

We have 7 DVRS in our home and pay A TON of money for the U450 service with HD, and many pay channel add ons as well as the highest internet access AT&T offers.  We would appreciate worked at least 60% of the time! We have had technicians out 3 times already, the 1st time the gentlemen was here for 12 hours, the 2nd for almost 9 hours and the 3rd for 5 1/2 hours so far we have had the DVRS replace twice in the year we have had AT&T service.  Now we can not record, pause, rewind, fast foward, etc..... We get an error that tells us that the DVR is either unplugged or restarting; I have followed the FAQ's on here several times and yes, we have attempted on multiple occassions to do a complete restart of all DVRS per the instructions, once you have walked through the self-help/FAQ steps where they send the signals to the DVRS.

Does anyone have anything they have tried that I am missing here other than cutting my losses here? I'm sick of paying for service I can not use. Thank you in advance.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.6K Messages

9 years ago

Okay, first thing to note is that you only have one (1) DVR.  The other 6 Set Top Boxes are just receivers.  Any DVR functionality you think they have is coming from the DVR.  Which means that they have to communicate through your home network to the DVR.  And with 6 other STBs to deal with, the DVR may be getting overworked.

The most typical problem with the non-DVR box displaying DVR errors is a network communication error in the home.  If all the boxes do it, then it may be the connection of the DVR.  If it's just one non-DVR doing it, then it may be just that connection.

How are your DVR/STB connected back to the Residential Gateway (aka RG or "modem")?  Coax?  Cat 5e Ethernet cable?  A mix?  Can you identify the DVR (the one with the different model number?)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.