For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Marvest's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, June 8th, 2015 8:51 PM

HDMI signal trouble

Until recently we were able to use HDMI cable and watch HD tv with no problem. All of a sudden while watching tv the screen split in two vertically. No idea what caused it. Every attempt to make it work has failed so far. Changed HDMI cable, power-started the Uverse receiver, nothing. We are using a coaxial cable in the meantime but the signal is not that crisp. We have one main receiver and one wireless. The problem is with the main receiver. No problem at all with the wireless one. Any ideas why the HDMI signal is failing? Thank you in advance for any help.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Try unplugging the TV and plug it back in to reset it.  Believe it or not, for some reason all of my HDMI ports on my TV went out and I ended up power cycling the TV and they came back.  Have no clue why or what caused it to happen.

Also, you can always use componant cables if the HDMI won't work.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried unplugging the TV and plug in it back
but no luck. I think the problem is with the TV (it's a Sony WEGA) because
I tried with the wireless receiver and it shows the same problem. I'll try
to reset the TV to factory settings and see what happens.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

The OP sounds like the TV went into Picture & picture mode, except i does not say what is on each side,. Maybe it uses the one input if the second one is not selected.

If you post your TV model I will look up how it works.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

TV model is Sony WEGA KLV-S23A10. On each side of the split screen is the
same distorted image. By the way I don't have anymore the original remote.
Using the Uverse one.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

I looked through the manual & do not find any mention of the ability to display two channels. That is the only thing I can think of that would cause this.

I am surprized pulling the power cord did not reset the TV. Try calling SONY at the number at the end of the manual. See if they can tell you how to reset it.

As you suspect, not having the remote could be a problem to get the right buttons. On the u-verse remote, press the TV button, then MENU also, try tv/video. Maybe something good wil happen.

Good luck. Plase let us know where you end up.

https://docs.sony.com/release/KLVS26A10_W_OM.pdf

Mentor

• 

42 Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like the TV itself is the problem.  Try different HDMI inputs on the TV assuming it has more then one.  Also, try with a different HDMI source like a DVD or Blu-Ray player and see if you get the same results.  If same results, it's probably the video input processor board on the TV.   Does it work ok if you use standard composite video inputs?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Tried with a DVD and got same result. But now it's getting worse. I doesn't
show a split screen just intermittent horizontal wide bands. So definitely
a problem with the video input processor board as you mentioned. It works
with standard composite video inputs.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.