Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
rrmccormick's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Thu, Jul 19, 2018 1:00 PM

DVR Recording New Episodes

I have a problem where I have several TV show set to record all first run episodes in the series.  I have them set to record any time they are on.  It only recognizes one or two times that a show needs to be recorded.  I can see brand new never aired episodes of these shows coming up on future dates on the guide, but the DVR is not set to record them even though I have set it to record all first run episodes.  It is happening with every series.

I had AT&T send me a new DVR and the same problem is occuring.  Any advice or solution?  I have rebooted the gateway and the DVR several times to see if that would fix it and it has no effect.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

4年前

What series record options are you using?  I recommend "any day, anytime" and "first run only".  Since the guide only goes out for about 2 weeks (normally) you won't see more than one or two episodes scheduled for weekly shows that are showing new episodes.  With "first run on;y" of course repeats aren't scheduled.

Occasionally the red dots in the grid do disappear.  But a reboot of the dvr (not the wireless receivers) fixes that.  But the Scheduled list is always accurate (on S10 press "Recorded TV" button, S20/S30 press "Recordings" button and then in both press right arrow to get to "Scheduled").

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

4年前

I have them set as any day any time.  I can see new episodes on the guide and they are not set to record.  They are first run episodes.

they are not on the list of scheduled recordings.  Gateway and DVR have been reset and software updated. All to no avail.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4年前

I'm experiencing the exact same issue.  I want to record Pardon the Interruption on ESPN at 4:30pm every day, and no matter what record series settings I use, it won't set multiple days to record.  This only recently started happening.  Very frustrating.

bigboss721

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

4年前

Same exact problem! I am in the Cleveland area. ATT sent me a new box(which has less storage space).  Did not fix the problem! very frustrating!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4年前

Having same problem in San Diego area

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4年前

Same problem in San Diego area. On and off for last month.

I manually changed the series for each of my shows to not record at a specific time. That worked for a while and now the problem is back. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4年前

Join the thread SERIES NOT RECORDING - UVERSE PLEASE OWN UP - there are more posts there regarding this same issue.and what you can do to help resolve it.

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.