Green Fleurdelis's profile

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

Friday, June 16th, 2017 6:11 PM

DVR has erased all recorded content twice in last two weeks; I need a replacement shipped to me

My DVR has twice in the last two weeks erased all recorded programs. After the first time, I followed online advice and did a full reset. That seemed to work for about a week, but then again last night all recorded content was erased. Needless to say this is frustrating. Especially since much of what I had recorded is not available via streaming.

The last time problems like this occurred (perhaps a couple years ago?), a new replacement DVR was shipped to me.

Please remind me of what I need to do.

Thanks,

Gary

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Call tech support.  I think you need a replacement again.  Tech support will tell you how to proceed so you can return the current box through a UPS store if they agree to sending you a new box.

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks _xyzzy_. I will try that. Heaven knows I've tried everything else. Smiley Indifferent

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

7 years ago

For historical purposes, and for anyone browsing this problem: I contacted customer support via chat. They were very helpful.

They determined remotely that the DVR was faulty, and also that my router was "not in sync". Not sure what that means exactly but a technician is coming on-site to resolve both issues. The DVR issue will likely be resolved with a replacement unit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.