Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
jwalker77's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014 1:57 AM

DVR Deleting Programs

Hello,

My DVR is randomly deleting programs I've watched (and chosen NOT to delete) and programs I haven't watched yet. I counted up to 6 in the last 24 hours. I don't know why this is happening. Is there a solution to this?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Original poster, I can confirm this happens and it is random and a device error. The responders will ask you about others in house deleting etc always assuming people are the cause and not believing the most obvious solution - device or software failure. 

In my case it has happened 6 times in 2 months. When I turn the TV on and select records to watch a show the screen will go black, I will get the 3 dots and the device will reboot itself automatically and yes randomly (my neighbors aren't jamming it with microwaves as repliers would have you check). After the reboot several of the shows disappear from recordings. The disk space available this week was over 75%. All the settings for series and how many to keep were right and the deletions were random. I had 3 Banshee and it deleted only the middle one. It deleted a one time manually recorded movie. The deletions occur during that failure and reboot. I assume the drive info is corrupted in some way. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@smarmyplankton wrote:

Original poster, I can confirm this happens and it is random and a device error. The responders will ask you about others in house deleting etc always assuming people are the cause and not believing the most obvious solution - device or software failure. 

In my case it has happened 6 times in 2 months. When I turn the TV on and select records to watch a show the screen will go black, I will get the 3 dots and the device will reboot itself automatically and yes randomly (my neighbors aren't jamming it with microwaves as repliers would have you check). After the reboot several of the shows disappear from recordings. The disk space available this week was over 75%. All the settings for series and how many to keep were right and the deletions were random. I had 3 Banshee and it deleted only the middle one. It deleted a one time manually recorded movie. The deletions occur during that failure and reboot. I assume the drive info is corrupted in some way. 

Have you tried the N-D Disaster Recovery in my post above yours to see if that would stop it? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

We have been having a problem that we have seen many posts on the internet about and thought you should know. We have had this problem for five years and have recently fixed it. We have had two wired receivers with our DVR at the initial installation and didn’t start having the problem for about a year. We’ve, and ATT have, probably replaced a dozen or so DVRs over the years with little effect. The problem is, and ATT and I find it hard to believe, that one of the wired receivers was telling the DVR to delete shows on its own as strange as it sounds. I found this out by completely disconnecting the receivers for a couple of days and it corrected the problem. We now have two new receivers and the problem is gone. Hope this helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.